Do you like someone with the opposite personality?

Like If u were shy and they were loud or the other way around cause I am a goody goody and don't get in trouble at all. I only have had one detention. And I like boys that r bad boys on the outside but sweet on the inside so my question is do u like some one that have a opposite personally or that is different than you?,

• yes
  • no
  • I don't know
  • sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• Not opposite in everything, but in some things.

For example I am the most unintimidating creature I know. People tell me I look cute and even childlike, I'm fragile, I'm sensitive, though not emotional, I'm very giving and nurturing with people I love (probably a flaw sometimes), I'm kind and polite with people, I'm cheerful almost all the time, I'm shy, I'm submissive naturally and I dislike confrontation (even tough I can engage in it if backed into a corner), I'm clumsy, introverted and absent minded, when I relax I can goof off a lot and I can be annoying and whiny when I really want something.

I'd love to date a guy who can balance these out for me for sure. A guy who can scare people. A guy people just can't mess with (this includes me). Who is bigger and can protect me, who wants to provide for me and who will be selfish and let me dote on him like I do with all my loved ones. A guy who has a decent head on his shoulders, is determined and realistic. A guy who isn't afraid to say/do what he thinks is true and what needs to be said/done, not caring about politeness, niceness and not be scared by others. (I don't want a nice guy.) A guy who has good reflexes and attention span, so he can stop me from accidentally being killed by cars. A guy who knows what he wants and is dominant, a leader, who is a bit more serious about life, and is not sensitive like I am (tough on the inside, I know guys are actually very fragile too).

Now keep in mind, just because I'm wimpy doesn't mean I want to date Stalin. I do care more about him being smart, honorable, loving and kind, more than I care about him "completing me". But above is what usually attracts me to guys.

What Guys Said 8

• I think a bit of both is best. The girl I'm talking to now has a different personality than I do but we balance each other out a lot. We have similar hobbies which is awesome.

• Lame. you should like nice guys who are nice.
    I like to call myself a nice well rounded guy and an opposite type of girl would be such a turn off for me I would want nothing to do with her.

• Yes its called finding your missing half lol

• some of my best friends are like my utter opposites.
    If both you and your friends agree on EVVVERYTHING , it would get boring pretty darn fast..
    HELL! Sometimes I play the devil's advocate just for the fun. Sometimes on this site too lol

• If I was shy and they were loud ya, but if we had opposing fundamental philosophies, then no.

• It really depends. Most of the time, the relationship won't last too long.

• Yes,
    love to smile, laugh a lot, well my username is definitely a major clue for being a playful person.
    but im so attracted to weak people, silent, quite, fragile, i feel like its my duty to protect them but love to tease them.

• Personality? Really? Who gives a shit.

She just gotta be hot lol not too picky

What Girls Said 11

• Yes :D I really don't have a preference when it comes to personality. If i like a person, I like a person. The current guy I like can be totally opposite from the previous guy I dated. I like mixtures :) I've dated Introverted guys, very loud and outgoing types, rude and agressive, very traditional types, skater dudes, hip hop dance kind of guys, video games and concerts, laid back country guys. I love em all! The only type I would not consider being with is someone who is obnoxious and cold-hearted ( I have dated someone like that but nnever again)

• It mixes the relationship up and makes it more interesting due to trying to get to know them and their quirky ways. My ex was my opposite but that didn't work out for a variety of reasons, mainly because he was a dickhead.

My boyfriend is very similar to me however, he still has his quirky ways which I enjoy finding and learning about. :3

• I am quiet, introverted and logical.

My boyfriend is loud, outgoing and super creative.

We are complete opposites, but similar interests and chemistry make it work very well.

• I NEED someone drastically different to survive once I'm out of my family nest. I'm totally head-in-the-clouds, absent-minded, spontaneous and not exactly a great planner. I need someone more grounded around me, for now my mom does the job... Sometimes I need her to remind me to eat or sleep @@ Unfortunately, most of the time the woman is expected to babysit the man and not the other way around ^^"

• Sometimes, but it never lasts...

• no i tend to like boys who have a similar personality

• i like someone who can complement me

• Sometimes. I wanna have something in common with the other person, but it's cool to learn how someone else sees things differently than I do.

• I am loud and in your face so I wouldn't someone like me.

• my boyfriend and i have completely different personalities, he's more of the party guy (loud, crazy) but i am not into any of that stuff, we still get along great because he doesn't like party girls, he likes quiet girls :) so i would say i like people with the opposite personality because it is far more refreshing and interesting to see and hear what goes on in their world

• It's an odd attraction for me...
    I find myself more attracted to those NOT like me, the extroverts, the outgoing confident men.
    However, in the long run, I feel more connected to my fellow introverts.
    So while I can find myself attracted to both, I'm not sure how long a connection can be sustained with someone I'm nothing like, simply because they'll never "get" that part of me.

• As an introvert myself I can say that a lot of the times dating an introvert is a wrong idea if you are like that, because it gets even harder to communicate. Although I am a lot less introverted that I was before right now, I wouldn't want to date an introvert girl again.

• @Franitz
      Yeah, there are definitely pros and cons to dating someone like you vs dating someone less like you. I hear you there.