Can a guy truly be attracted to an obese girl's body? I doubt it but my bf claims he likes mine?

I didn't really think I'm that fat but it turns out I've been a bit deluded... I saw some recent pictures of myself and I look pretty large. I also checked my weight and I'm about 220 pounds (and 5'5") so I'm quite overweight.

I have a boyfriend who is always telling me I'm beautiful and sexy etc. Now when I realised how big I actually am I brought the subject up and asked what he thinks about my weight and is he attracted to me. He said that he likes me just as I am, and thinks my body is curvaceous and womanly and my figure turns him on. He's quite fit himself and I know his previous girlfriends were slim/fit, so I'm wondering what he sees in me!

We have a good relationship and sex life, too. I have no other reasons to doubt his attraction than his previous gf's and now when I look myself in the mirror I see just too much fat and a really unattractive ugly body.

I'd like to know guy's opinions, is it possible for a guy to be attracted to a fat/obese body or is he automatically just lying?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes its possible. there's many different kinds of people on this Earth and we all think differently and have our own preferences. don't let society get you down, you have a man who loves you for you. it doesn't have to be societies way!

What Guys Said 7

• They're a minority, but there are definitely guys who have a fetish for big girls.

220 at 5'5 is pretty unhealthy though. You should lose weight for your own well being whether your bf likes your look or not.

• Old man here...

Sure very possible. But in a committed relationship there could arise concerns other than attractiveness. Sometimes when a person is what they call 'morbidly obese' (way off the charts) there are health concerns. I personally lost a female friend at the age of 38 who was way overweight, which led to clotting in various places. One of those clots broke off, hit her heart and killed her.

The other is an emotional concern, but not necessarily specific to you. I myself avoid morbidly obese people because often it stems from personal issues i am not equipped to handle.

• There are definitely guys who are attracted to BBW.

• Yes there are some guys out there that love big women its just what there into. So dont worry your guy could be one of those guys and even if he's not he could be focusing on what really matters your personality and inner beauty. It seems to me thats what he's doing he likes you for you and if you ask me your very lucky its hard to find someone whos like that. So dont worry be happy with who you are and what you look like

• It's a small percentage but there probably are.

• I agree with Dandeus. He truly loves you for who you are I guess, but that's not very healthy. Do it for your own health.

• No matter what a girls body type, there will be guys out there for whom it is the perfect body type.

So yeah, it's quite possible he's attracted to large, fat, or obese women. It's equally possible he's attracted to YOU, regardless of the package you come in.

Guys are very simple. Don't over think yourself into singledom, just because you can't fathom what a guy finds attractive.

What Girls Said 6

• It's totally possible to be attracted to that, especially if he loves you. Also if he wasn't attracted to you how could you have sex? So he has to be attracted to your body :)

• It sounds like your boyfriend is attracted to you for you... the entire package, not just your weight

for some cultures, for thousands of years, sculptures and votive figures where carved to characterize the ideal female form... and they were generally what we, in modern times dub, "obese"

... i don't say this to imply that your weight makes you attractive... but rather, that it doesn't necessarily make you UNattractive

that said though, health is a prominent subconscious identifier for beauty, particularly by the opposite sex... not to mention something that effects your quality of life... and subsequently, what you contribute to a relationship
    ... and obesity isn't exactly healthy.. so it's definitely something you may want to consider...

• There are entries BBW sections on p*rn sites... someone has to be watching them right?

• Well, I have the same doubt. I'm not fat, but I'm not slim or fit either. I wonder the same. I also don't know if I'm going to be able to have sex because of this.
    But if your boyfriend he's with you it's because he really likes you and accepts you as you are.

• There is this girl on YouTube I forgot her name but she is married to this Scottish guy who is skinny and she is fat and she is a comedian and she even calls herself fat. Some guys have fat fetishes. In my opinion it's all about perception. I mean if he didn't like her body then he would have never had sex with her and married her.

• Different guys like different things. Some guys prefer big women others don't. It's just the way things are.