If someone asked you to compete with another person so to speak?

I'm asking this for my female friend

She met a guy and they hit it off. A day later, he admits he's also seeing someone else. she feels a bit weary because she's gotten attached to guys before only for them to pick someone else, or something goes wrong.

he keeps insisting he wants to get to know her (my friend) because him and the first girl may not work out or like eachother, but my friend keeps backing off and saying "i rather not compete. either she goes or i go" (and she did not say that like a controlling bitch btw)

Any guys and girls how would you feel in that situation?

• Drop him
  • compete and show you're better
  • other (post what)
    Vote C

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty sure nobody likes to be the backup or "2nd pick", even if both girls in this scenario
    are candidates for a first pick, the thought of being compared to someone else by a person
    who should only look at you, I can't imagine that feels all too well.

On the other hand, the fact that he told her means he's at the
    very least honest, and that's a good thing in a relationship.. ^.~

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• There is a good medium that can be found. I think she should back off some and get her feelings in check but at the same time, stay in touch.
    If all else fails, this could be a acquaintance or friendship of sorts.

• She should drop him. Sounds like he likes the attention from two women competing for his attention

• i rather not be a backup just incase they dont work out, we aren't things that people can string along we are human beings and nobody should have to compete for love

What Guys Said 3

• I would never compete with another man for a woman, nor do I think women should compete for men, nor would I get with a woman whom I know to be willing to compete with other women for a man. It's a low and vulgar way to comport oneself.

• Never back down, the other one must drop. So, she ot the other? Of course, the other should drop.

• Don't compete !!