Should I get married?

I'm 15 and my boyfriend is 16 he says he wants to marry me.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you legally can get married in Canada till your 18 at earliest. also the age of sexual consent is 16 so I don't think you could get married yet. I would wait till your older and have a better idea what you want. at this age its too early to know what you want out of life long term , you and him must also not even have jobs yet or careers

• I don't mean to press that button, sorry, thanks we don't have careers yet, i have a job tho...

What Guys Said 9

• No you wait until you've been through more stuff in the relationship and your a little older to truly evaluation the changes brought forth being married.

• I missed voting option 3, which should be "hell no!" If you are making a lifetime commitment (which marriage is theoretically... says divorced guy), you don't need to rush. If you plan to be there for eachother forever and are truly committed to it, then I guess there's no need to rush into it. Right?

• Don't get married until you're at least 16.

Only kidding, of course. You probably shouldn't get married until you & your boyfriend have both graduated college (so we'll say age 22 or 23.) Otherwise, married life might be a distraction from adacemics (and vice-versa).

• Tell him to wait until you're both adult.

• Jesus shit , noooooooo.
    Your hormones are doing all the speaking.

• No, you should not.

• Nope, just keep it as a love interest. Your both in for so much change over the next few years that marriage is not something you need. If your that in love you shouldn't need to get married.

• Well you can't get married until you are 16 and even then you need both of your parents to sign the papers agreeing to it... Have fun convincing them to do it

• Sometimes men say things, just joking around

What Girls Said 8

• No. When you are older, more mature, have a career, and are financially stable then sure, you can get married then. Right now, I feel that you are way too young to make that decision for yourself.

• Well that's a way to not sound like her mom lol
      Good advice tho.

• I don't mind sounding like a mom. Lol I hated my mom telling me things like this when I was younger but then I grew up and realized "Hey, she was right."

• It's really your decision, maybe you should wait for some time to really see if you could handle a marriage at that age.

• In the future or now? If you mean at 15 no, if you mean in the future when you guys are older if you still want that of course :)

• maybe it would be better to wait for a few years

• no. It's not the best thing for your parents to hear. If your love is strong wait.

• Not at this age

• You'll be divorced in two months, be living in dept forever, if you plan on making a big wedding, and if your planning on your to college, ahahaha, funny. Thats like if I at 14 would get married, it's illegal till your 16 in some place anyway...

• I think you're too young to make such a decision.