I didn't want to lead him on?

I'm not allowed to date. So this guy was texting me and I found out he liked me and I didn't want to lead him on so I told him I want to stay friends and I put all guys in the friend zone bc I can't date and he seems upset. how do I fix this? And ps my idea of the friend zone is I don't know you that we'll so since I can't date I want to be friends for now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just make sure he understands that you want to be friends. If he isn't up for a friendship he defidently isn't relationship material. And eventually if he is your friend but there is tension just tell him you aren't aloud to date and he will understand. If I where him I would try to do something nice to convince your parents but that might be something you dont want to ask him to do.

What Guys Said 3

• Just tell him straight. I grew up with the same dilemma. I wasn't allowed to date. I told her that I really liked her as well but because of my situation at home and dating that it couldn't work. We stayed great friends and it even bonded us further. A time down the road when I was able to make my own choices, we did end up dating as our friendship stayed strong. Not with her today but it was one of my best relationships until geography made it difficult to continue. ie: she moved with her family for her dad's job.

• dont let your parents completely control you i did that and regret it greatly to the poiunt where it has caused alotta depression and drinking problems.

• Tell him the truth. That's what men want, as much as it hurts, it'll let us know what we want to do with it. You can't keep him around just because you "can't date". if he likes you now and you can't date, that's not fair to him

What Girls Said 1

• Put learning first - but being honest (looking back) life experience is very important. Might be a case of keeping it quiet from your parents until you know how serious it is... then when you care about this guy enough they should see how happy you are.
    Whilst seeing him etc its very important not to let your grades drop!