Is this normal in a relationship?

So my bf asked for space I gave it to him even dough I dont think he was seeing me soo much too ask space as it was. Later on he came over and asked for time apart but not breakup does this even make sense? Before that he had stopped being affectionate over all no holding hands no hugging me no kissing me only saying bye and stuff. We been together a year and a month together. I seriously get so sad over this. We talked about it he said just because i dont sit next too you close or hug you or hardly hold hands doesn't mean I dont love you. If he knew how he makes me feels it kills me inside when we are at church or any other place and other guys hug there gf or wives or at least sit close and mines all like nothing I literlly get no affection from him at all. I talked about this again recently I asked did he fall out of love or so he said no and got mad at me and screamed at me. Another time i decided too go like few old picts of us on facebook. I later said sorry for spaming you. He responded with I was gonna talk about that too you you are dwelling on the past thos are good memories but old the past. Im like so its the past yet we are still dating. He also said you notice how im not all mushy no more with you i dont do faces or stuff like that I grow up. I dont think its about growing up I think personally if you cared why would it bug you too be like you been with me the past year out of the blue you change... So i sent a face other day not long ago after we talked... he ignored me for three hours wth.. it kills me how he goes and hides other girls from church but harldy touches me wth did I do too deserve this... New girls go too young adults and he goes and talks too them and there im all alone just moping in my head annoyed... i seriously want too punch him sometimes virtually.. That same day we talked about the dwelling on the past well he did he also said im like a 16 year old :( I hate fighting its all we do..

Most Helpful Girl

• This all sounds unhealthy. He is not meeting your needs for physical affection. Also, what is really messed up is that he is making you feel like a child for wanting to hold your damn boyfriend's hand and reminiscing about good times. Nothing about that is right or normal. Does he have a new job? Is he overly friendly with other women? I think something is definitely distracting him. Honestly, I wouldn't even care to find out. I would leave him and let him be an emotional vacuum by himself with some other poor soul. Gain your self-esteem back once you've broken free from him. There are PLENTY of men who would love to share experiences and affection with you.

Also, grammar pet peeve- "too" is only used to refer to an amount/degree of something (e. g., "too much") or a synonym of also (e. g. "they are coming too") =)

What Guys Said 1

• People shouldn't want to get space or take breaks. He has taken you for granted. I would love a girl that I could sit close to and put my arm around at church. Find a guy that appreciates you!

What Girls Said 4

• People change as they grow, and that includes what they want and need. He's changed and doesn't feel the same about you. Cest' la vie. Move on.

• Forget him, what about that relationship was even fun or enjoyable? Just sounds like it was miserable. Don't let him string you along and waste ANY more of your time.
    Forget. Him.

• It sounds to me like he was affectionate in the beginning just to get you.. i don't thing he will ever be affectionate like he was.. its sad..

• I don't think it's normal for a guy to do that unless he's just trying to break up with you with out hurting your feelings. The only way to know is by giving him his space and not worry about him and if he cares for you he will come to you.

• Your right its like he still calls everyday too say good night but it really... gets too me... when i dont hear from him all day and he used too want to text me morning beautiful... last time he called me beautiful was when well months ago... i tried not kissing him good bye or hi see if he realize this once i got off his car when he dropped me off this time... he knocks on his window i come back then he kisses me... did i add for our one year... i gave him a card and i got nothing not even a rose or so i mean common... this shirt depresses me...

• Seems like he's just giving you mixed symbols at the end of the day he needs to tell you what he really wants cause then he's just waisting time that you could be using to find someone who truly cares for you.