I have a boyfriend, but a new guy asked to "hang out" and I panicked and said yes! Help?

I am new to this college and didn't know anyone so when I met this guy on the first day I was so happy to be making a friend. When he asked to hang out I said yes without considering that it could mean more to him than just as friends. Now I am not sure what to do without ruining a friendship. (Should I tell my boyfriend?)

Most Helpful Guy

• Hanging out is just hanging out. Go along, it might be fun. Guys and girls could be friends, it's not forbidden.

If he tries something, just tell him straight up.

But I would tell your boyfriend, just so he doesn't think you're hiding something. And he shouldn't be all jelly or anything

What Guys Said 5

• I'd ask immediately, as in contact him at the first moment you have time available to do so. Sooner better than later. As in ASAP.

If you can't contact him before the 'hang out'... if it becomes obvious during the hang out that that he considers it a date, try this:

"I'm sorry, I was so happy to make a friend that I panicked. I have a boyfriend, but if that changes, can I call you?"

If during the hangout, you can't tell if he thinks it's a date, maybe say 'this would be a great place to take a date.' Read his reaction, and move on from there.

• Cancel on the other guy

• Hang out with him. It's just hanging out, you're not seeing him to bang him!

• Did you tell the other guy you have a boyfriend? if not make sure you tell him that first before you hang out

• Yes, of course you tell your boyfriend

What Girls Said 2

• if he said hang out then he might not think it's a date. when you do hang out though, you should be like " oh! did i tell you i have a boyfriend?". or you could casually bring it up in conversation like if he says something that can relate to your boyfriend then say it. Like, "i like hot dogs". You could say "oh! my boyfriend likes hot dogs too!, thats cool". Tell your boyfriend about the hang out thing though because your relationship should be built on honesty so make sure you tell him asap. liike bring it up calmly like," oh did i tell you that i met a new friend and we're gonna hang out on blah blah day. do you wanna come?" or tell him about how you met a friend and that you were gonna hang out with him on blah blah day. be very calm. you didn't do anything wrong.

• Casually say to your boyfriend that you're going to hang out with a guy, Then see if he would be okay with that. Don't make a big deal out of it.