Muscles and money VS personality and values?

When it comes to liking/dating/marrying a man, how much do muscles and money matter VS personality and values? Which do women pick more often and why? And if it boiled down to it, would you rather have a poor guy who is muscular and a sweetheart, or a rich guy who is out of shape and is an asshole half of the time?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have dated the rich man, the gym rat and honestly my boyfriend of almost 4 months is neither of those. He has money, he is fit but he has values which I like a lot more. People can be rich and also depressed at the same time. People can be fit but can have mental problems because of the image that they think they need to keep. I am happy with my man and even though the relationship is moving at a slow pace I am happy with it because it's a mature relationship that's honest. Never date someone for the wrong reasons because it will always come and bite you in the butt. Careful for what you ask for.

What Girls Said 11

• Values and personality for sure!
    My boyfriend is perfect, he isn't muscular or to be totally honest, the best looking guy I have been with (I've managed to get the attention of football stars) but any day I would choose him, he treats me with so much respect and love, I can see in his eyes that he absolutely adores me and I adore him.
    We have the same family and life values, he loves what he does and he is happy and I'd rather that then him doing a job that he hates just for money.

He spoils me so much! Not with money but with all the little things he does. Nothing could be better than that, I promise.

• See you sound like an awesome girl. I just posted this question because I'm an OK looking guy (I consider myself either 6 or 7), a little bit muscular but not much, but I have a great personality and strong values, but I rarely get attention from any attractive girls. And since most of the attractive girls I know are with guys that are either muscular or rich, I figured that there must be a pretty strong trend there. I did just graduate college and searching for a full time job, so hopefully once I get a little more established out in the work force I'll see a difference in women and their behavior/character, from a dating concept.

• Yea like I said when I commented on a different question, I'd much rather go for a girl who's a "7" that has good personality and values, than a girl who is a "9 or 10" that thinks the world revolves around her. And honestly even though I'm a "nice guy" I still want to get big muscles, I've been bitten by the bodybuilding bug quite honestly. But a lot of girls I'm friends with think guys with big muscles are not attractive, so I might need to limit my growth in that area or risk turning off a lot of women. Gosh this is so confusing lol

• Nothing is bad in moderation haha. I'm like your friends, the "gym junky" guys are a turn off, but guys that look after them self and guys that are toned and fit are a turn on.
      It's usually because we see that guys are gym obsessed and they are usually so self absorbed it's not very attractive. Haha.

Maybe find a girl at the gym you go to, cause then you'll at least have one value/ interest that is the same. :)

• Lots of questions. Let's sift through.

1) Depends on the individual on how much they value each. For me, I find muscles attractive so it's a must have. Money is no object--He can't be living paycheck to paycheck but I DON'T want a super rich guy. Personality/values are a must.

So for ME? An attractive middle class blue collar worker with a great personality. For others? There are many women who don't want a muscle bound guy like I like and prefer skinny. There are those who chase solely for money and those who are sapiosexuals/interested in a great personality (they can sleep with an unattractive guy).

2) If the poor guy wasn't living paycheck to paycheck, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

• If I could find someone who's rich and has a great personality I would be happy!
    Money is not the most important thing for me, but it does help.
    I'm not a big fan of muscles, so they have no importance for me.
    So, a balance between those things would be perfect.

• Personality and values, always. I don't really care for the muscles, the face matters much more to me. And money isn't that important either, but it's a nice bonus I would say XD

• Muscles- not important
    Money- important so we both must hold a stable job
    Personality- critical
    values- critical

• If she's a gold digger shell pick money n muscle ! But if she wants a good partner , I would choose personality & values because money you can always make but if your with a guy who has money but doesn't have a good personality then your svrew , you can't change nothing !

• I would rather be with a guy who has values and treats me right then be with a guy who is rich and treats me like shit, because money can't buy happiness.

• Right on, good view to have. A lot of the women where I live don't really think that way though. I think I need to move

• I mean I'm going to reject a guy who has a hot as body and has a lot of money as long as he has a personality that isn't a jerk and treats me like shit. Like to me looks aren't important but every girl is different but that's just me.

• okay id prefer personality and values and out of the two choices you've given the poor guy with muscles

• I like money and personality

• Make your own money, lol.

• Understandable. But let me ask you this. What if you were married to a guy and everything was going great for a while and then he lost his job. Would you call him a bum then? Would you tell him you're leaving if he didn't find another job within X amount of weeks or months?

In my opinion, a woman who stuck with me (or any guy) through the hard/poor times is the only one who deserves to share my (or any guy's) riches once we've become successful.

• Well I didn't think about that-- of course I wouldn't leave him or call him a bum. I would help him find a new job

• Smart, funny guys tend to be my personal weakness.

• I have to be physically attracted to him, so money/personality/values has little impact on that. I'm not attracted to overly muscular guys, either. I would take a poor, muscular, sweetheart of a guy (love those gentlemen types with the hearts of gold) over an unfit, rich asshole any day. Ugh, those guys get on my nerves so badly. Think you should fall at their feet just 'cause they're rich - fuck that.

What Guys Said 2

• Girls want a bit of all 4 of the qualities you listed out. Girls can date a man with a lot of money. How long will the relationship last is hard to say. Girls can date a guy with lots of muscles. Even if he doesn't really have a pleasant personality, but hey, she can lick those guns & six packs in bed right? Oh not to mention cuddle inside a big hard rock. All I can say is that a guy with only personality and values will be doomed, but little muscles and especially little money is doomed.

• Lol Sad how these loosers are lieing. Muscles and money win by far, We even a did a prank on it lol