Where is line between being "Clingy" & being "Affectionate" ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Affectionate is giving attention and showing care, clingy is making demands on their time, and constantly asking them when they're coming back. Imagine an invisible noose around the other's neck and whenever the partner strays out of sigh they're being tugged back.

What Guys Said 3

• The older you get, the less important the difference becomes. Just give the other person their space and you're good to go. Maintain your own hobbies and activities away from and without the other person.

• It is pretty hard for me to call a girl clingy. She'd have to be yelling at me because I didn't answer her text from 5 minutes ago for me to think she's clingy. Otherwise, I'd call everything else affectionate. She could have her hand glued to mine all day and I'd be in heaven!

• It's pretty obvious to me. If someone thinks their happiness comes from the other person than there is a big chance that they are either clingy or controlling.

What Girls Said 3

• When you are clingy, you are completely dependent on someone else & you are so clingy to the point that they need to get away from you.

• If you love someone show them. Being clingy just means you don't let them balance time with you and time alone or with friends. If he wants to hang with his friends let him. If he doesn't reply instantly don't worry he might be busy or didn't notice it. Don't ask to hang out EVERY time you get bored. Being affectionate means being aware of his needs too. Sometimes you both just need some alone time and that's ok.

• Being clingy is like being too needy and needing attention all the time. Showing affection is just showing you care