Why would he deny being with her?

I need some advice.

My guy friend hangs out with this girl, and according to her and her friends that hang around with them, they are dating/together. However, when I, my friends, or his family have asked him, he says "they are not really dating, but sorta." He never talks about her, even when other people ask. He just changes the topic. It's been like this for months. The only time he mentions her name is if he's coming to hang out in group setting and she, along with other friends, is with him.

Thing is, I like him and we have fooled around a few times recently ( I thought she was out of the picture, since I haven't seen her in awhile, and I left on a trip for awhile afterword). I haven't confessed yet, but unsure of how to proceed without abruptly confronting him about what's the deal with the other girl. The impression he's giving me is that he isn't committed. She knows I'm good friends with him, but I don't think she knows about the hooking up.

I know my guy friend, and I really don't think he would hook up with me just for sex. I also don't want to be in a situation where I'm helping him cheat so this is bugging me. The other girl does have a reputation of being a party girl and getting around/very flirty, but I don't actually know her.

I know I need to talk to him, but what's a good way to approach this? What are some reasons he deny dating her if she is telling people they are? Who should I believe in this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• you need to calmy ask him about it and if he still says theyre not really dating then tell him how you feel and see how it goes from there.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0