Dating for almost 2 months and he won't have sex with me?

I've been dating this guy for almost 2 months now. We get along great and I find him insanely attractive. We text each other everyday and meet up about twice a week. We've stayed in the same bed on more than one occasion and things get a bit heated... However he keeps saying he won't have sex with me until he's sure that I would be a potential girlfriend. He says that sex complicates things and he doesn't know what he wants ie. to commit or not.
He is definitely not a virgin. Things are going so well and we have a lot of sexual chemistry but when it comes to the crunch he leaves me hanging big time :( not that I'm just in it for sex but I really want us to take that next step?
So my question is why won't he have sex with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He prefers to play it safe. For he is well aware that if he engages in sex with you and subsequently decides against committing to you, he will likely hurt you. In other words, if he is texting you and spending time with you regularly, then perhaps his thinking is, adding sex to the equation would likely implicate an intent to commit to you. Thus, he feels that it will be in the best interest of you both to wait.

What Guys Said 3

• Holy crap, two months and you're expecting SEX? Anon, you need to calm down. Yes, sex is fun, but geez you're rushing it, especially when the guy's not even your boyfriend! My wife and I waited for years before we were married to get in the sack. That's the best way, really, to wait until marriage... but I get the feeling you disagree...

Listen, you need to ease up about sex. Not everyone is as antsy to get into sex as you are. Just respect him for his decision, all right?

• Because he wants to be sure you're a potential girlfriend. Maybe focus on your desire to be with him for a while and he'll see you're that potential girlfriend.

• Maybe he's had some bad experiences in the past. Try to make him open up.

What Girls Said 1

• I see a guy who 'Definitely' Respects you, and with that being said, is Also Adamant on keeping his word that he wants to make sure--------You're the One for him before he takes the Potential plunge.
    I admire his sticking to his guns here, I see no smoking mirrors, and I think before he Commits to the condom, let's say, he wants to make sure You both are 'Committed' as well. I believe that he doesn't want to feel you and he are hooked at the hip if he would go all the way with you right now, and in his mind, if he would 'Put one on,' it would mean--------Being tied down as well.
    Go slow with his flow, sweetie. Don't sweat it out. This is the first time for me, and I have heard it all, seen it all, that a guy has used this as his Tool when it comes to Commitment. I am sure it is a First for you with this 'Definitely not a virgin' guy.
    So far, with everything you are telling me, you both are off to a good start. Let him And his mind set------Lead you to the Next step.
    Good luck. xx