Is it okay to ask this when asking a girl out?

I'm going to ask this girl out, unfortunately it has to be over the phone. Could I say something like "Will you be my girlfriend?" Or is that bad? If that's bad what should I say? Please help me out.

Most Helpful Guy

• No! Lol, you don't ask a girl you're not even dating, to be your girlfriend.

Ask her out. That's all. Ask her out. Keep it simple, something like "I think I like you. Do you want to go do something (watch a movie) sometime?" Something like that, it doesn't have to be an epic date or anything major. but I suppose you're young, so asking her out for coffee or dinner is probably not age appropriate.

If you guys go out, and you both have a good time, tell her and ask her out again. After you've gone out a few times, maybe then you can ask her to be your girlfriend and it won't seem so awkward.

What Girls Said 2

• Just ask her out, grab a coffee or something. ANd when you're there, if all goes well you can go for the kiss, I think she'll take the hint. Or be all romantic, hold her hand, look at her and then ask her if she'll be your gf. Just go with the flow, but it's like 484736574837 times better in persm than over the phone

• No. Don't ask that. Let it happen organically

What Guys Said 4

• Do kids today 'go steady?' That was over by the time I was a teen, and we all just acted like we were going steady (bf/gf) as long as we were dating and hanging out all the time.

I think asking if she'll be your girlfriend over the phone is bad form. If this isn't your first date, save this question for near the end of the date.

If this is your first date, DO NOT ask her that question over the phone while asking her out.

A date is essentially the same thing as hanging out with one of your friends, except that the two of you are evaluating each other as potential mates, you're expected to mostly act like a couple for that one date, and you have a destination/activity planned.

• What @JulieXO said. Also asking a girl to be your girlfriend before you guys have actually dated is way too forward, you should really hangout with her but make it clear from the get go you're romantically interested. You don't have to flat out say "OMG I REALLY LIKE YOU" but you can act more than friends would, bring up slightly romantic topics, and physically escalate in, this is the key bit, NON-creepy way. Try holding hands, guiding her through a door by placing hand on lower back, playfully/accidentally bumping into her, etc.

• Asking a girl to be your girlfriend shoudl really be done in person. Why dont you just ask if she would like to go to the movies with you or maybe to have lunch with you on a weekend. Start small and work your way up. If she is into you this will make it a lot more fun for both of you.

• Why over the phone?