How do you end a date without it being overly awkward? And do I talk to him about my fears?

I'm 21 with zero dating experience, and I also deal with social anxiety. So really, the fact that I've made it this far is astounding, haha
So I've been out with this guy three times. All we've done is hug, though on our last date he tried to kiss me but I didn't expect him to so I kind of messed that up.
He's gone away for a week, but we're gonna get together when he gets back. I want to kiss him this time, but I don't know when, or how. If he picks me up, then how does him dropping me off go? Do I get out of the car first? Do I expect him to follow? Do I just go for it while we're in the car? Do I sit there awkwardly until HE goes for it? I'd rather just stay in the car, but that seems too obvious, haha
The other thing is, I stress before every date. And after every date. Because this is so new, I over-analyze, and worry about showing him that I like him, but also not embarrassing myself. It actually causes me a lot of anxiety. I'm wondering if it's something that I should just bring up with him. Like explain that I'm new at all this, and I over think things, and I get nervous, so if I seem off, I'm just stressing.
Or something like that... I just feel like I should explain myself so that he doesn't get the (incorrect) impression that I don't like him. Communication is key, right? I just don't think I can go on this way much longer.
Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Take a breath :-)

Yes, dating can be scary and awkward, but it doesn't have to be. It's okay to be nervous, because you like the person, you want it to go well so of course you're nervous.
    But the key is to not let those worries modify your behavior so much that you're not even yourself. Self sabotage and self fulfilling prophecy - not good. Don't worry yourself into actually sabotaging things, you know?
    Be yourself, try to relax and just enjoy the company instead of always thinking about how everything *should* be going, or how you *should* be acting. Just be. You'd rather it not work out with someone than have it work with someone when you're having to fake/pose your way through everything.

Let things happen naturally, let the date flow organically.
    Don't worry about what he's going to do at the end of the date or how you should react.
    Simply ENJOY yourself.
    If, at some point, you want to kiss him, then just kiss him. No need to think it over, you'll feel it... then DO IT!

I really hope you come back and tell us how this works out :-)
    I wish you the best and hope you guys have fun!

• Thanks for MH!
      I'm sorry you didn't get more responses.
      Here's another bump :-)

• Ahh, that's okay. Figuring it out has kind if been a weight off my shoulders. Plus, I certainly got some excellent experience throughout this whole thing!

• Absolutely, great learning experience!
      Best of luck on future dates then!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0