Is it true that guys never friendzone girls?

So i was telling my friend about my crush on this guy and i added at the end "honestly i don't think he wants anything more than friendship" and she said "impossible, guys never friendzone girls"
Do you think this is true?

Most Helpful Guy

• It happens, its just far less common.

Friendzoning happens in either direction because the 'friendzoner' doesn't find the other attractive enough to be interested in.

If the guy doesn't do casual relationships its a little more likely, because men have higher physical standards in a long term relationship than a short term one.

This situation doesn't happen that much because a lot of male-female friendships were sustained early on by the male being physically interested in the female.

When girls are friendzoned, they're treated like one of the guys. That means less deep talks about feelings and texting for hours, more hanging out and being treated as one of the group and banging other girls talked about in front of you.

What Guys Said 13

• 100% true.
    No straight guy in the history of the world has 100% "friendzoned" a woman. The guy will always want to have sex with the woman. he might move on, and kinda keep her as a friend... but it is always a little bit in the back of his mind that maybe, when the time is right, he has another chance with her later.
    men and women cannot be friends... not the way women think of the word friend...

• there are three reasons guys would friendzone a girl:
    1) she is unattractive
    2) he is gay
    3) he is in a relationship and doesn't want to cheat (or can't figure out how to get away with it).

• no guys do friendzone girls. if any guys say no then I must be the only one who does.

• It happens.

• It's rare for guys to friendzone girls. Unless he finds you unattractive.

• That's not true because if the girl came on to him, he would have sex with her. That's not the case with girls friendzoning guys because the girl in that situation would NEVER in a million years have sex with the guy.

• She is well #beat.

• Extremely ugly; probably derived from "beat with the ugly stick"
      Man, I thought she'd have some hot friends, but boy, were they beat!

• Yes, we do.

Oh wait, I forgot the friend zone doesn't exist.

• yeah, we friend zone girls. I have a few friends in life which were to ugly for me to get sex or anything else. if we friend zone girls? surely, if they not minimally hot

peace :D

• Guys do friend zone girls, I have friend zoned numerous girls over the years.

• Yes, we do... no reason why it should be or must be gender-specific.

• 100% not true. Don't listen to those jokers who say guys can't be friends with women. Just because they will screw anything put in front of them or they are desperate does not mean every guy is like them. I have a lot of female friends I wouldn't want to sleep with as do millions of other men on this planet.

It might be different if the guy was initially attracted to her & wanted to be with her & got rejected but to say guys can't ever be friends with women is 1 of the stupidest things I ever heard.

• I fuck women and then friendzone them.

What Girls Said 3

• The "friendzone" is nothing more than a state of denial. It's not some real place; it's when someone simply cannot accept that the one they want has zero romantic and/or sexual interest in them. So yes, anyone who willingly chooses to think like a hopeless , neglected puppy dog rather than moving on with their life and simply accepting that someone doesn't want them is susceptible to some imaginary "friendzone"

• Nope, guys do the same as girls. I know this because I've been there.

It takes 2 people to be friendzoned. The first to not be interested and the second unable to let it go.

• No this is not true-I'm living proof of the female friend zone