What are not acceptable in an opposite-sex friendship when you have a partner?

My boyfriend is always very close with his female friend, and says I'm overly jealous. But I think I'm not. So what do you think are not acceptable in an oppositepsex friendship?

• Flirting
  • Texting everyday
  • Touching that person's shoulders
  • Posting pictures of that person often on social media
  • Hiding from your partner that you're hanging out with this person

Most Helpful Guy

• Everything but the last 1 is up for debate. Like some I'm not ok with but others would be. The hiding though easily takes the cake though. That means dishonesty and that something is going on.

What Guys Said 4

• All the above.
    Guys and girls should never have one on one friendships when in a relationship. I know from experience.

My ex turned me into a fuck buddy during the relationship, her so called "guy friend" who was also her housemate would message her everyday. Turns out she is now in an unhappy relationship with him.

I have female friends and housemates, but I only text them once in a while and vice versa. Even my best friend we message each other once every few days or longer. There is just no need, no one has THAT MUCH to talk about.

• i think a lot can be acceptable as long as both of you are 100% certain that your both just friends. like my best friend is a girl and im not gna lie we flirt alot, last time i was with her we kissed, i showed her my cock and we hungout alot. but we both know we are just friends so its fine lol.

• I don't think you should even have friends of the opposite gender if you're in a serious relationship. Too much trouble, too much temptation to cheat. I don't know how many times I've seen a couple get in an argument, and the girl runs off and sleeps with a guy friend, or the guy runs off and sleeps with a female friend. If someone of the opposite gender if texting you every day, chances are they are trying to get in your pants.

• I would say most of that is a grey area, but hiding from your partner when hanging out seems like a huge red flag. The rest of it can be either very innocent, or unacceptable. It really depends on the situation. I can see doing a lot of that with a friend of the same gender.

What Girls Said 2

• So long as my partner is honest with me and not inappropriate with her (sexual, etc) then I have no problems. He can hug her, text everyday, etc. Thats no problem.

• All of the above.