Would you date a black woman?

I am a strong, pretty and friendly black woman! However our reputation isn't the best always, I wonder how many of you would date a black woman or man..

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on if I am attracted to her, and if I like her personality. There are a lot more black women I am physically attracted to, but would never date, because they actually do fit into those stereotypes. A lot of black women seem to take pride in proving their blackness by going out of their way to fit into the stereotypes. At least in my area they do. That kind of behavior tends to turn men off.

What Guys Said 20

• I would and I have.

We *would* have to have very similar values and culture, or it wouldn't work. I grew up as a middle-class guy with middle-class, hard-working values. She would have to be the same, and black girls like that definitely exist.

But the sad reality is that, in the US at least, blacks have a higher percentage of their population in the lower class than any other race, and most people in the lower class grow up in a distinctly "ghetto" or "trailer trash" kind of culture, where values are low, hard work and education aren't valued, and where people only care about what they can get TODAY. Anyway, the chances of a random black girl being ghetto are higher than a random white or Latina or Asian girl being ghetto, and so this puts many non-black people (especially middle or upper-class folks) off of dating blacks. It's not an issue of skin color as much as it is of culture - those same people don't want to date white trailer trash girls, or "barrio" Latina girls either, for the same reason: culture clash.

So, if you want to date white (or non-black) guys, you need to carry and compose yourself with middle-class values and behavior, rather than loud, "ratchet" behavior, and people will notice, and soon you'll have guys showing interest in you despite any difference in race or color.

• I did have a black gf in my teens and wow it was one relationship. We both were crazy and berserk lol

HELL YES ofcourse I'd date a black girl anyday :-D

Ofcourse end of the day it matters what's the chemistry between us and how well we vibe

• Race isn't the issue, personality is. It would all just come down to if we get along with each other and develop that bond.

• Such a great question because sadly even today many of us can't accept the fact that we are all human beings.
    I'm a straight man which means I am sexually attracted to women. However there are certain things about individuals that make them undesirable. Personality characteristics are what makes her attractive or not. Sometimes body type plays a part in it but not that much. I have tried to date black women but I've been unsuccessful so far.

• If l was single l'd certainly be open to date an intelligent nice woman of ANY colour.

• Being a man I would not date a black man. That just not me but yes I have and would date a black woman. Skin color is meaningless to me.

• Absolutely, I have done in the past and she was absolutely stunning, bit crazy but I like crazy

• I guess it is different here in Britain where in the majority of the continent there is next to no racial tension or discrimination, I don't even see colour in people, just people.

• It depends, if yoy re not the stereotypical ghetto then sure

• I'm more than happy to date a black women provided I am attracted to her, I like her personality and we get on like a house on fire.

• Even if I did find one I was compatible with, I doubt her family would approve and if families don't interact; then there is a deal breaker.

• I would if she met my standards.

• i sure would

• Of course i would date. There is no colour difference for me in peopie.

• dat booty, your face also looks nice. I am sexually attracted, well pervy me :p

• Yes... am i done?

• I'd date a black woman. She would have to be my type however

• Definitely! Race doesn't matter to me.

• I don't :)

• why not?

• I don't like it :) i don't have problem with black people at all ! BUT as i'm white, i don't like be with a black girl in a Relationship :) i don't feel okay, and also my preference for a girl, isn't exist in a black girl :D

• u prefer same race right?:P

• yes ı can.

• i've asked out a black woman. so yes i would

What Girls Said 2

• I can tell ya from observing that a lot of guys on here would not but there are definitely those who would.

• Almost all the ones responding said they would. Do you think the ones who wouldn't just aren't responding to her question?

• Yeah sure. Race is inconsequential when it comes to dating.