Is it okay to make sexual jokes when you want a serious relationship?

There's a gurl I've been talking to and I really like her and in 99% sure she likes me. (Note that she lives 30 minutes from me and we have never met but I know she's real). We will flirt, send "kisses" and "hugs" (usually emojis and FB messenger stickers. And I am hoping this will turn into a serious relationship.

And we have both said that we are usually very sexual (yet we aren't around each other for whatever reason). But like would me making a sexual joke (I. e. If she said she wishes she were in her bed and I told her to come over here and hop in bed with me) take awamy from the seriousness, and make it more like a close friendship? Or would it add that humor that relieves some tension, and makes everything less awkward?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. As you talk about each other in this way, it might be considered flirty. If you are talking about a different girl, and her a different guy, it could be just friendly humor. I'd say asked her to meet with you in person. Just a movie or something, but I'd still be careful with people you meet online, and not set your hopes too high.

What Girls Said 1

• Break the ice and see what happenes... some people just think a bit more sexually than others

What Guys Said 1

• I'm the type of person to always make those type of jokes, I've found it to be pretty hit or miss. Some girls like it, some don't. Though on many occasion I've made double-entendre that have gone over their head. If you do make a joke try to keep it subtle so either they'll get it and have as dirty of mind as you, or not and have nothing to worry about.