What's worse? Physically cheating or emotionally cheating?

Obviously cheating is bad, that goes without saying. But what is worse, something physically cheating on you or emotionally cheating on you?

I personally think emotional cheating is mkre hurtful

I'm sorry for all the typos and spelling mistakes. I'm on my phone

Most Helpful Guy

• Emotional cheating is worse. A brief physical pursuit, that is superficial, like scratching an itch or eating a burger when you're hungry... it can mean little more than masturbating but with a live person. But emotional cheating, that cuts to the core of all the things that really matter in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they're both awful but emotionally cheating would be worse. Mainly because the feelings that they had for you, the look in their eye when they saw you, that fuzzy feeling they got because they were so inlove with you now is directed towards someone else. They're happier without you and with that other person. Usually physical and emotional cheating come hand in hand though. Most people who cheat do it for the emotions I feel, even though I did have an ex who liked to sleep with other girls purely for the sex and not the emotional connection. Still sucked.

What Guys Said 9

• PHYSICAL can be pinned down - it actually happened and there's no parsing of the term, no version that might be more palatable to someone. It brings with it the emotional divorce, the inability to control one's self.

EMOTIONAL
    has so many forms that range from innocent (movie star gaga drooling) to
    divorce & hate thoughts that could OR not result in permanent damage

I realize that emotional cheating seems more hurtful
    but realize that physical is the same thing, just one step further more brutal

• Both are bad and can end a relationship quickly. Emotional cheating is bad because it means that they may no longer love you like they used or at all. To know that it was something on a level that wasn't just physical but mental and spiritual, too. Physical cheating is bad because even if they didn't care for the other person you realize they couldn't get what they needed from you or you think they didn't find you attractive enough, or many other thoughts or reasons. In the end it doesn't matter which is worse because neither can be undone and both hurt people.

• Both are relationship-killers for me, so choosing one as being worse than the other is pretty much impossible.

I just... I really can't pick. Sorry!

• All cheating begins in the mind. The body follows the mind so emotional cheating is cheating.

• I agree, emotional cheating is cheating. But is it worse if someone physically has sex with someone else or if they begin to imagine themselves with that other person on a deeper level?

• Emotional cheating is worse because when you are cheated on it affects the emotions not the body...

• Can you clarify emotional cheating for me?

• To me that would mean the other person starts to have feelings for someone else. They begin to fall in love with another person or they fantasize about being with that person. Even if they never act on those feelings, they're still there. If they have feelings for someone else then they're not 100% with you.

• In that situation they should really tell their partner that. That there is someone else.

To answer your question though, physically cheating is much worse. Because physically having sex is a step up from fantasizing about it in one's head. First one thinks about it then it happens.

• Physical. I don't believe emotional cheating exists.

• Probably physical because then you could catch some disease or whatever

• Physically cheating is much worse. People are entitled to their emotions. I don't even understand why people get upset at emotional cheating. It isn't even cheating.

What Girls Said 6

• i think both are them will be hurtful
    www.troll.me/.../thats-so-hurtful-now-im-sad.jpg

• Emotional cheating still is cheating.. I'm not sure if I think its worse, but I at least think its just as bad. Usually if someone is cheating on you emotionally, they don't want to be with you anymore. Physical cheating could be a one time mistake, where as you don't even know how many times you have been cheated on emotionally.

• Both are hurtful, but I think emotional cheating is more hurtful. :(

• I'll go with physical cheating.

• I don't think it really matters to me because I'd leave them either way.

• Both, "what isn't killing you is making you stronger"