Do you ever make your boyfriend buy you anything? Or hint to it?Also guys how do you feel about buying your girlfriend or wife gifts?

About 2 weeks ago I jokingly asked my boyfriend if he'd buy me this gorgeous dress (it was $99) he actually said yes!! Then a week ago he asked if he could get an xbox one with my credit card (there's no interest on it until January) I also said he'd have to buy me a pair of shoes (thinking he'd back out.. But he didn't) it ended up costing about $500, he's already given me $100 and the plan is he gives me $100 every week (we get paid every single week so it's convenient.) we've been dating about 6 months now, the dress and shoes also double as a birthday present since my birthday is coming up as well as my outfit for his Bestfriends wedding. I've never been the type of girl to expect my boyfriend to buy me things, I enjoy being independent and buying my own clothes/jewelry/anything else I want. But at the same time it felt nice! I know he says the gifts were part of my birthday present but on my actual birthday we will be out of state so I feel like he will actually have more planned out. Anyway ladies do you like when men buy you things? Do you expect it or do you appreciate it?
Men, how do you feel about buying your girlfriend or wife presents? Do you loathe it if a girl wants you to buy her things or do you do it because you feel like you're providing for her or to show appreciation or affection?

Most Helpful Girl

• When i was dating someone i would just say it. "oh baby, i want the bracelet, i want that to eat, i want you in bed.." haha but not every single day. Just once in a while. I normally buy my own "wants" and if my bf "wants" to buy something i would buy it for him, he doesn't need to ask. "er babe, i dont know whether if i should buy this samsung screen monitor or not, i'll buy it next pay" me "lets go buy it now" and i buy it. It normally works like that.. But thats when i had someone.. *arghh single life* 😎

What Guys Said 2

• Well, i would either want her to say to me directly, "I want that" or just not say anything at all, i. e. i want her to tell me directly if she wants anything and not hint. I would LOVE TO BUY HER SURPRISES RATHER THAN HER TELLING ME I WANT THIS AND that.

• I like buying my girlfriend jewelry. I have better taste in jewelry then she does. But I like to show her I care every now & then.

What Girls Said 4

• I never did... Maybe because I feel bad spending his money if I have my own or if I don't really need what I want...

• I would never expect a guy to buy something for me. I would definitely appreciate if they did though, because he didn't have to.

• nope never
    i was happy as long as we spent time together

• I love receiving gifts from him, because I love how he knows me so well, he always buys me things that look like somebody came and asked what I wanted and designed the thing about me.
    I love giving him gifts to though.
    We both get each other "just because" gifts to.
    The only guys who I hate who do it, are the dumb ones, well I don't hate them lol, because it's their problem, but I just hate how they complain about getting used for money when that's all they're offering the girl.