Girls: I went on a first date and am so confused. My guy friends don't believe what happened and tell me to get away ASAP?

I met this girl that is attractive and I was interested in her, we have a lot in common. We went out on our first date and it went great, I felt like I was really connecting with her. We went to a rodeo and then out to a bar. Out of the blue she stated introducing me as her Boyfriend!!! Boyfriend, what the hell. Is she crazy? On drugs? Should I leave her. I like her but can't imagine her calling me her boyfriend on our first date.

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you started out your questions with all positives about her - you find her attractive; you were interested in her; you and her have a lot in common; your first date was great' you felt like you were connecting; Forget the rest of the story and give her another chance to see if you can figure out why the boyfriend stuff so soon. She's definitely jumping the gun but she might really like you already so why not find out what's going on during your second date. As long as you feel you can handle her, what's the harm of another date? Sounds like she's been to that bar before and knows a few people. You'll know a lot more after your second date. Don't drill her but do ask her a few interesting questions to see if by chance she's starved for love, has some ulterior motive, or calls her date "boyfriend". Just be nice to her and I'm sure you'll have most of your concerns figured out on this next date. So don't leave her yet. I don't think this is a "being on drugs" problems because you'd noticed that before you got to the bar. Good luck!

What Girls Said 8

• Don't leave her because it sounds like other than that she was great right? If you don't want to be exclusive or serious yet, just tell her you want to get to know her before making a commitment because commitments are big deals to you or something. She should be okay with that. If she's not, THEN maybe she's a bit crazy haha

• Was it to people she/you knew? She may have just introduced you as her boyfriend to keep guys from hitting on her, or maybe just so you would know she was into you and not anyone else there. Either that or she had misread the signs and took things a little fast. I would say just ask her about it.

• Some girls just kind of assume things and apparently don't know the difference between "going on a date" and "dating." Why? I have no clue, but some old friends of mine were like that. Just make sure to talk to her and decide what your relationship to her really is. I wouldn't just leave her if you had a really good first date, maybe just make sure to take things slow and that you guys are on the same page.

• you should talk to her, dont dump her yet.

• You have to talk to her about it. May be she misunderstood yours.

• was she serious? r u too serious?
    most likely was she drunk?

• I'm not sure if she was serious our not. The two of us are not serious at all (at least I didn't think we were since it was our first date). She had had a couple drinks but not drunk at all.

• Ask her why she said that and say I enjoy getting to know each other but we need to spend more time together before becoming boyfriend and girlfriend.

• I think you should talk to her about her calling you her bf on your first date. There may be a reason why but if it seems like she is lying or is trying to use you to make someone jealous or something like that you should leave her.

• Do you think I should even mention it to her, or is she just crazy?

• What common interests do you have together. And what's her personality like. The main question to ask is there any reason she would say your her bf on your first date. Like did you both talk with someone she knew previously?

What Guys Said 3

• That is a bit forward, but my GF told people that early (not that early) but after a month just so people would not hit on her

• I had not considered that. The other possible explanation would be that she was seeking social status as "having a boyfriend". If it is as @CheesinIndian says, then it's no big deal. If it's what I initially thought, then you need to get out.

• Depending on the context, maybe she did it so other guys wouldn't hit on her.

• Sounds too clingy... even though my mind says not to dump. Human instinct is too dump.