Does love actually exist?

I'm not sure... I think we're all selfish in some way... we dont want to get hurt. can we actually LOVE another? or is it just infatuation, lust or companionship? maybe we don't really love...

Most Helpful Guy

• Hah I would just like to say yes. Take it from a guy who would spend 50$ every time he entered a store on random carp just for her. Whether it be a notebook to write in. A throw to lay with her in. A pen to write in the card he bought for her. Or flowers he knew she'd have to throw away before she went home because of her parents. Or who would throw her ice cream on the ground just because you could tell she was sick and didn't want it anymore. And when you can see that look in each others eyes and smile because you already know what the others thinking. That was love to me and it still is even if she's gone.. love is selfish and selfless and flawed yet perfect.

What Guys Said 7

• Love exists. We were all made to love each other. It's what we need to be fulfilled. Companionship is nice but you have to love the person. It calls for a deep connection and understanding. Soul mates is very appropriate to describe an ideal loving couple.

• I think about it sometimes too, every time were in a relationship we think we truly love our partner and can't live without them, but then things go wrong and we break up. We go upset of course for a while. But after a month we forget about the whole thing !!! And feel so stupid for being upset over something like that. And we won't feel anything about our ex partner any more. So the only explanation is maybe I haven't found the true love yet, so far all were fake.

• The definition of love differs from person to person. I expect there are people who say they love something but say it because it's what others want to hear rather than because it's what they feel.

If you are willing to die for your loved one... that to me is committed but it can be loving.
    If you are willing to put yourself second and favour your loved one over yourself... that to me is dedication, but it can be love.
    If you want to spend every waking moment with someone (and sleeping moment as well)... that to me is intensely strong attraction, but some will say that it's love.

Love as a concept, to me is something each person makes for them self. The problem is you want others to treat you as you treat them, so you may expect to be loved as you love... and there is potential for a mismatch.

• Love is real, it's not a tangible thing that people seek or have it's something we are, love is the connectedness of reality, and the highest form of being, between us and other people, family, friends, romantic partners and the universe itself. The bond between two people who are "in love" is the highest form of it because the union is made to draw in new people. We live in a world where we are experiencing a crisis of consciousness and it's easy to stray away from this driving force.

• I don't really think this helps, but, it's the way I feel, the people I love the most are the same people I hate the most, because they are the ones who can really hurt me, but I've been with my girlfriend for two months now and with her it's just different, I just love her, that's it, and she makes sure to tell me everyday how much she loves me.

• Very philosophical, but in the sense of absolute 100% unselfish love, no doesn't exists.

But true love is unselfish, in the sense of self-sacrifice, but yes in the end it's done because of a "selfish" emotion.

• Love is not real, it's a sensation of attachment. When brain fools with fake thoughts, where you can't see the life in an objective way, but just through the perception of the so called love;)

What Girls Said 0