Why won't he stop caring about me?

So one of my guy best friends keeps saying that he refuses to stop caring about me even though I told him not to, and he got mad when I told him that he can't and said that if I won't let him care about me then I can't care about him and that I was being selfish for not accepting that he cares. Does this mean that he likes me? Should I avoid the topic? I don't know. I'm confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants to care for you against your will? Hmmm... sounds like a pretty strong like to me, lol.

What Guys Said 4

• Do you like him is a real question here and if you don't it really doesn't matter if he likes you. sounds like kinda a strange conversation though for a couple friends no other feelings involved. maybe some context would help

• Yes I like him, and I know that he used to like me but we are just friends. He started dating another girl about a month ago so I was just kind of suspicious as to if he still has feelings for me or not. The reason I was telling him not to care about me was because it seems like whenever people care about me, they get hurt or things just end badly. Also I have trust issues so I don't want him to think that he can just say he cares about me and then use it to manipulate me.

• Yes, your too young maybe like 13 even your lucky so your right
    let the guy go stop caring for you and you need to stay away from him
    stop all contact of all kinds so the guy doesn't get hurt anymore

• I'm 16. Thanks for the advice. I don't want him getting hurt.

• You're Welcome:)
      Sorry about things with you wish you the best ~!

• Well you can't just expect someone to stop caring like it was nothing... It really takes some time to stop caring about someone... unless they never really cared about you at all

• Such immaturity.

• I have my reasons but I would rather not display all my secrets to a stranger on the internet. People who get close to me get hurt and that's all you need to know. Besides, I'm under 18, what else did you expect?

What Girls Said 3

• You can't just stop caring for someone if they tell you to stop caring. He is your friend who has a heart and e cares about you. You should be thankful that you have a caring guy friend. He still would want to have sex with of course. But he genuinely cares about you and possibly wants to be with you.

• Hahaha you have got an admirer

• let him care about u , there's no harm :p But he obviously kinda like u.. And if u don't just try to avoid the topic and u'll be alright.. don't avoid him cuz his your bestfriend...

• If I let him care about me then he could get hurt and I don't want him to ever be harmed. I like him, and I know that he used to like me, but he just started dating this other girl because he thought I didn't like him. I don't avoid him but I usually make him text me first. :p Lol.