Why is it that ugly guys still get girls But ugly girls dont get any guys?

is it really that bad for a girl who dont have looks in this world, iv seen it happen and it happend to me too once in my past,

when i used to be gly no guy would ever loook at me or ask me out.

but i noticed that ugly guys still get girls,..:S

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what you count as ugly. I can think of physical alterations that would make either member of the opposite gender start screaming and run away...

But attraction is personal and individual, aka some people find this attractive, some that. I have a pale skin preference, others wouldn't date a single white skinned girl. That's just how it is. Oh and most importantly, I think physical and personal attractiveness is important to both genders... Why date someone you hate, but why date someone you find repulsive? It is reasonable.

What Guys Said 7

• it honestly goes both ways. I mean whos to say what ugly is though. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

• thats true, good answer.

• Because guys can charm their way into pussy. Or the guys are still successful/rich

• so i guess money is there asset then.

• To me, if a girl is confident in herself and nice to be with, as long as she's kissable, i'd date her. I know a few "ugly" girls i could date. here's the problem, personality goes a long way, but, if you're ugly than a lot of guys won't approach you to even get to know that personality. For girls i think its the same but either they're more willing to give you a chance, or they're friends with more ugly guys than guys are with ugly girls, so they already know their personality. I'm not a girl (at least last time i checked) so i really don't know. there's also the fact that looks are a bigger factor for guys than girls, its not just about looks, personality and your smile are huge, but looks can be a deal breaker. I'm not saying you need to be hot but if your hard to look at (300lb) than no. But for the most part if a girls makes me happy i'd date her.
    Sorry is this wasn't helpful its a hard question to answer.

• Really? As far as I've noticed it seems there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference between ugly guys and ugly girls getting a partner.

• I have to disagree I'm a ugly guy and can't get a girl

• Have you agree with your opinion. I honestly have no answer to that :(

• never noticed this.

What Girls Said 5

• the standards for beauty are different for women
    ... since we care about our personal appearance (generally) more than men do... society, by default expects us to look better and to stand out more.

• Yep, noticed this too...
    Because girls have an array of different looks they find attractive, but guys only have two or three that works for each and every one of them...

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, women just behold more than men do. xD

• For sure girls care about more than looks. And I don't mean his judgmentally. But if you as women to describe their ideal man, he has a wide range of qualities and looks is only one of them. Many men may say that is hard to live up to and it is, but in reality most women settle for less and it's a huge advantage because it allows you to make up for something that is out of your hand (looks) with other things in your power

When men describe their ideal woman, they usually first name pretty and most other qualities don't stray too far from the physical.

I also agree with what littleSally said

• Maybe boys think girls should be able to take care if themselves like by wearing makeup and sexy clothes. I personally have seen unattractive girls get asked out cause they take of themselves and they put themselves out there, for guys when guts are ugly they're more vulnerable less likely to cheat and would treat you better than an attractive guy

• it's because the successful "ugly" guys hit on girls until they get one. it's a numbers game. how many "ugly" girls do you know who actively hit on guys instead of waiting to get hit on/asked out?