Love comes when you least expect it?

Im following that whole motto of do you and what makes you happy and love and everything else will fall in its place..
anyone experianced this in order to say it works?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only 'love' that exists, is platonic love between parents-kids, siblings, friends etc./ Romantic love is almost always 'lust'. When people claim to be in 'love', in reality they're just putting in efforts and watching their moves so that they don't annoy their partner and avoid the possibility of him/her breaking up or divorcing. Oh yeah, and 'being in love' entitles people to easy sex.

I'd say, all this is pure bull.

• I AGREE. +10000000000000000000

• So are the only ones experiencing true love the ones that waited/had very few partners/perceive there is a high value on their bodies and what they do with them?
      'love' (in terms of romance) is nothing more than a cruel joke in this era', this i agree with. It's corrupt but not impossible to find some that hasn't be corrupted.

• @Manax
      I'm not saying that. What I meant was, now the primary purpose of dating has become sex, and only sometimes the partners end up being together for a long time. Ideally, a relationship should be based on love, understanding and emotional bonding, and sex should just be one of the ways of expressing that love and affection (although sex is often the strongest way of expressing love). Now how often do you see this happening? Number of partners is not the problem here, but people's attitude about sex and their inability to stay with one partner for long is the real problem.

@Harakiri
      Well... I had been in 2 terrible relationships earlier and have been single since over 4 years now. I managed to accomplish quite a bit during this time without distractions (I graduated, got a decent job and learned new skills). I'd like to continue focusing on achieving at least SOME of my lofty goals. Considering the mindset of most people, I'm unlikely to find love and I'm not complaining!

What Guys Said 3

• you know I've heard of it as well but its kinda contradicting in a way because people also say you can't wait around for things to happen, if you want something then you gotta go out and get it.

so by focusing on yourself and making yourself happy and saying love will fall in place then that's kinda saying like you're waiting for it to happen even though it may not be intentionally.

if I want something ill just go and get it.

• I think better advice would be: Be yourself and pursue what interests you; then display said interests to hopefully attract someone of a like mind

• I think that is true to some extent. If you go looking for love then chances are you are just setting yourself up to be disappointed. It's not something that just happens overnight.

However, you can't sit around waiting for it to happen. Well you can, but it won't get you very far. You need to put yourself in a position where it is likely to come to you, rather than sitting at home in front of the computer all day.

What Girls Said 4

• IT WORKS!! I don't have a perfect life at all but I'm the happiest I've ever been <3 things work themselves out. And yes love comes when you least expect it.

• how? has it happened to u?

• I wasn't looking to fall in love at all. I was fooling around with other guys and I started talking to a guy from GAG as friends (kinda) and turned out we had A LOT in common. He is now my bf, and we are in love.

• Expect the worst, hope for the best and anything that happens will make you happy. I haven't exactly found love this way, but I've found that the less I give a damn about the way I look, for example the more compliments I get. Most of them are pretty crude and annoying, but hey, that's still some sort of aknowledgement. Just drop your expectations and you'll be surprised how beautiful life is.

• Yeah I've never sought out a relationship, it's best when things just fall into your lap.

• I bumped into a guy at a club by accident, we'd never met but we knew each other. From day one he asked me to go home with him, so i thought he could see me as nothing more than a booty call. But 5 months down the line since we met, now he's my boyfriend and we're really into each other. Did. Not. Expect that. And we haven't even slept together yet.