Is one night stand of a boyfriend worth forgiving?

He said it was just a drunk mistake, and the girl initiated it. He said he was very drunk and couldn't remember most of it.

Should I forgive him?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• its a no from me. cheating is cheating i dont make exceptions, if you know you can't control yourself when you're drunk then dont get that drunk around the opposite gender.

he was drunk enough to not remember most of it yet he could easily remember enough to put all the blame on her coming onto him? yeah sure...

• also just consider, if he could remember the part where she came onto him his cognitive function was enough for him to realise what she was doing and refuse to sleep with her. so even if he couldnt remember much else he remembered that and at the time he decided to continue

What Guys Said 6

• forgive him now but if he does it again that when you lay the hammer down on him and make him feel the pain!

• I have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. Just my opinion though. I know I couldn't be in a relationship with "cheating" hanging over it. Doesn't matter if it were me or her who cheated.

• I have zero tolerance for it too. It would be an automatic goodbye.

• No, and yes. Yes if you honestly have solid feelings about this person and wish to continue something serious. It will take a lot of reconstruction and time to re-gain trust. No if you expect things to change and you believe it was an honest mistake. My personal opinion, don't go back. That is the deal breaker. I have been black out drunk and even I remember little bit and pieces, no excuses!

• That's up to you to decide. Of course people are going to tell you no, but they also don't know your boyfriend or your relationship with him like you do. You have to decide whether it is worth forgiving him or not based on what YOU think. Keep in mind that people do have weak moments and make mistakes.

• We all make mistakes. I think everyone should get one freebee. As long as they learn from it and never repeat it, yes forgive them.

• No.
    There is absolutely no excuse to cheat - for him or for you.

What Girls Said 7

• Genitals don't "accidentally" commingle with one another. Either he had drunken consensual sex, was raped, or raped whom ever he had sex with.

I've never been so drunk that I forgot I was in a relationship.

• No. It's over. Drop that jerk like a bad habit.

• Hah. No way.

• In my opinion no. That is a mistake not easy to forget.
    Being drunk is not an excuse for cheating.

• I would never forgive him.

• Absolutely not.
    He cheated on you, it's very likely that he'll do it again if given the chance.

• Are you okay with disrespect?