Is it normal for a guy to date a girl in the grade bellow? Is a year and a half a big difference?

I like this guy but he's a year and a half older and in the grade above I'm scared he won't date me because of that!

Most Helpful Guy

• In high school, it's really hard to say. The problem is he'll be going to college or to whatever he does when he graduates a year before you, and there is a good chance he wouldn't want to remain in a relationship with a high school student (certain things also become illegal when he's an adult and you're not. not that you would necessarily be doing those things, but it may be a consideration). Once you're in college, I think it becomes a lot less critical. Like for me, I'll be in school 5 years, so to date someone a grade below me would be to date someone who is potentially graduating at the same time as me. Not really an issue at all there.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think it is, my 1st gf was 18 and i was 17. As long as you both like each other, its all good.

• Hardly a difference at all really

• Well no unless he's in college and the chick is in HS then it can be a little weird for me at least but if your nkth in HS then its all good. Don't do anything sexual though cause if your parent find out he can get in trouble

What Girls Said 2

• It's okay for you to like him. It's normal since he's older also. There are a lot of people at my school dating people with different age differences between them. My friend likes this guy who's 5 years older than her and everything worked out for her.

• I agree with @TheHoneyBadger it wouldn't be that much of a difference if y'all were out of hs already