Girls if you like a guy, do you still generally let him initiate everything or do you try and initiate things as well?

When I meet a girl I like, I usually have no problems with at least being the one to get the ball rolling. I'll send some texts, ask to her to hang out or grab drinks, etc. However, at the same time, I tend to give up on girls pretty easily. If I don't feel any reciprocity from them after a certain point, I assume they aren't interested and I move on. Sometimes I wonder if the expectations I have as far as women taking initiative are too high and is resulting in my giving up to easily.

What I want to know is if most girls will start to reciprocate a guys actions, such as initiating text conversations, making plans to hang out, doing flirty things, etc. if she is also interested? Or do you most girls generally play hard to get and will never initiate anything no matter how much she likes a guy?

I ask myself this question sometimes when for instance, I meet a girl, and every move I take I get a positive reaction. For example, if I text her first, she'll seem excited to talk to me, and she'll keep conversations going with me, however at the same time, she'll never be the one to text me first. If I ask her to hang out she'll almost always oblige or at least seems genuinely interested in doing so, but at the same time she's never the one to invite me to things. Sometimes she'll be all over my facebook, but again, won't attempt to flirt or hangout with me. So overall you get these mixed messages. Maybe it just means your in the dreaded friendzone. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• it could just be the girl. To be completely honest, in every relationship i have ever been in, i am always the one to make the first move. but then it goes both ways from then on.

What Girls Said 5

• I like a guy asking to see me or to go do something with me, shows he's interested and I'm the girl on his mind. But if I'm not interested I'll side step him at all costs and barely text. Rule of thumb for texting is who ever texted last shouldn't text first so if that's the case there's an answer, but if she's using advoidance, your done.

• Just remember to tell him straightforward you're not interrested if that's the case, or else he might think you're just playing hard to get. just sayan

• I try to keep it equal. I want to initiate some things so he knows I'm interested & dedicated, but I also want him to initiate so I know he feels the same way.

• I'm usually the one making plans.

• Girls play hard to get to make sure that the guy is willing to put up with that. And when you give up, the girl knows you didn't care enough to try for her.

• most of the guys i dated i approached them first

What Guys Said 1

• Most girls expect the guy to initiate and take the lead in almost everything