Is it okay to tell my boyfriend what I want for my birthday?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's good to give him ideas, especially if he is really clueless, and doesn't listen to your 'hints' when you are together talking, or shopping.
    I listened to her/them, but never did what they expected, yet they all loved it!!
    For one, I found her favorite wine, and made a perfect, vegetarian stir fry, with tofu (that I HATE!!! But it tried to make the dish three times, before I got it right!!!) She knew she would spend the night, and she wasn't wanting what I thought (thanks female friends!!!) I got candles, and some bubbly bath flower stuff, and she loved it!!!
    Later, another was a Native American, and we talked a lot, and i follow their Ways, now, because of her! She talked about 'Spirit Guides' and she didn't tell me hers, but I figured out her favorite, and found a HUGE stuffed turtle, Keya, the Earth Mother of North America, and she couldn't believe that I figured it out, and she loved it, even to this day, 10 years later!!
    Give him hints, and see what he comes up with! He might surprise you!!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes but u got to do it "secretly"
    Ex: you like a ring or sth
    You pass by the jewlery and you say omg look at that ring !
    Give him signs of what u want

• PLEASE YES.

Guys like a girl who knows what she wants, its a HUGE plus, most girls don't do that. IF you think about it, surprising people with a gift for your birthday in the first place isn't really a big deal when it comes to party surprises, so why try to beat around the bush?

Hopefully you don't want a Lou Voutin shoes though...

• I just want one of his shirts that smells like him. he told me no he said you can't tell me what to get you for your birthday.

What Girls Said 3

• You should definitely tell him. How else is going to know what to get you that will make you happy? Unless you think he will already do a fine job in getting you something nice. But generally speaking, you should definitely tell your boyfriend what you want for your birthday. He's your boyfriend - communication is important, but especially in a romantic relationship. You gotta be open with him; therefore, tell him girl!

• Why would it not be?

My boyfriend HATES it when I don't have anything to tell him. He begs for me to tell him exactly what I want.

• Yeah but if he doesn't ask u what u want then don't tell him.