Why girls have no interest in nice guys?

Nice's guys always end up getting friend zoned and never looked at as datable and I could never understand why because I am one of those guys

Most Helpful Guy

• Because girls minds are a bag of cats. I've given up trying to understand them. They don't like nice guys because they assume they're either not confident, not actually nice, or bad in bed or all of the above. But then they get a boyfriend and cry when he's an ass. They just look for confidence and assertiveness and nothing else. They make all the assumptions in the world about guys who are nice or shy but none about the confident guy.

Tired of trying to understand. Just going to be me, get good grades, get a good job and live my life. If sometime a girl comes along that isn't completely nuts then I'll be with her. If not then oh well.

What Girls Said 12

• I quite like nice, kind guys. I don't like guys who feel that they are entitled to everything just because they're polite. That's not being a nice guy. That's being a douche in disguise.

• I've said this so many times on these kinds of posts but the real truth is, a decent, mature, emotionally stable girl does not want a jerk, SHE WANTS A NICE GIRL. I feel as though some girls my age especially have been brainwashed into thinking that they want a jerk, but the fact is we want a nice guy, it's just that the nice is guy is maybe to shy, not willing enough to assert himself and take himself out of the friendzone because he just wants to be around the girl he likes and thinks she won't like him as anything more. But the simple fact is girls DO want a nice guy but the nice guy may just have to assert himself more.

• I love nice Guys. Love love love them. In school I did really well and worked really hard, so whenever there where the douchbag types who didn't work hard it was such a turn off. Also douchebags are really conceited so trying to hold conversation was boring as hell. I went off on a guy once because I just thought he was way too annoying

• I love nice guys, I don't know why you are friend zoned, I'm sure many women would date you. Just keep looking & maybe try for the women that many times don't get noticed by men because they are shy or introverted.

• I've gotten friendzoned 8 times this year and have learned that the friendzone isn't a real thing. I got rejected by guys who usually get rejected... so when you learn the answer please tell me

• That's bullshit. We like guys who are nice to us.

• nice guys i like but not boring guys

• I LOVE BAD GUYS MORE THEY HAVE EVERYTHING WE COULD DREAM ABOUT.

• Did you ever ask her out? Maybe you just didn't ask her out and she thinks you aren't interested

• what about other girls you end up rejecting?

• Girls don't talk to me so they can't get rejected besides I'm ugly not really my place to reject

• are you a doc?

• No I would never reject a girl because look at me I'm single I'm not that attractive

• Nice guys are not nice guys. They believe that women and the world owes them something because they are nice. They expect gifts because they went out of their way to be nice. That is why nice guys are not dateable.

• I need you to read this entire article:
    www.cracked.com/.../

And this one:
    theradicalidea.wordpress.com/.../

And read this one if you have time:
    www.buzzfeed.com/.../13-reasons-why-nice-guys-are-the-worst

If you didn't get the message from those articles, I'll give you my two cents.

1. Being nice isn't enough.
    Niceness (?) is a quality that should be expected of everyone. I have met thousands of nice people in my lifetime, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to talk to them, be friends with them, or even date them. You could be a nice guy, but chances are you're boring as hell, or you're immature, or you're dumb. People look for several positive traits in their potential lovers, such as maturity, ambition, intelligence, passion, or having some sort of talent. If the barista at Starbucks smiled at you while handing you your drink, would she be upset if you didn't drag her off her shift and have sex with her in the bathroom? (NO!)

2. You may not be as nice as you say you are.
    Your question seems sort of rude and sexist. You have this unrealistic expectation of women, and then you blame them for not giving you what you want. The friendzone doesn't actually exist. It's something "nice guys," like yourself, made up when they saw a pattern of women not wanting to date them. I know lots of girls who ended up dating their good friends, because they felt that sexual or romantic connection with them. You shouldn't be so ungrateful for making a friend, and you shouldn't have the expectation that all women want to have sex with you, because you probably don't feel the same way about all women. This is a double standard kind of situation.

I hope this helped you, because it took me 10 minutes to find that first article.

What Guys Said 12

• This question is extremely common on this site and tends to be based from the males insecurity...
    However I will answer to the best of my ability why girls don't like "nice guys."
    1.) They don't sexually excite the woman.
    This can mean that they either aren't physically attractive, or simply aren't viewed in a sexual manner and thus become friends
    2.) They don't know how to talk to women.
    This can cover many things like shyness, awkwardness, or simply not being able to give the girl a hint that you like her. She may think you only want to be friends if you are only ever nice to her and don't make a move.
    3.) They don't have the confidence.
    Men who are "jerks" to women are typically alpha males who are confident in their personality and looks and thus have the confidence to approach the woman and make the move. Many "nice guys" lack the ability to make a move on the girl and as such lose out on an opportunity
    4.) "nice guys" have little to no experience with women and as such don't know how to woo them.
    On the same token as some of the others these "jerks" have confidence because they have been with many and portray that confidence. Women are naturally attracted to confident men because of biology, they feel safe and that that man is a provider. Whereas guys who have little to no experience with girls do not portray this confident aura and end up either turning women off from a guy they may have liked, or simply being friend -zoned because she leads the relationship.
    ANNNYYYWAAYY those are my main opinions. Also note that I put all the nice guy statements in quotations because many of these "nice guys" are simply scared and blame their lack of success with women to girls liking jerks. And these "jerks" who get all the girls are not necessarily jerks they may just seem to be to you because they are confident and assertive which are traits that women crave in their man

• I wish people were able to justify this topic a little better. It's not that nice guys aren't dateable or women are animals. Chemistry and presentation and being a gentleman. Right girl will come around for the right guy and vice versa. Its all timing and readiness.

• You're just piggybacking those internet photos. You just haven't met the right people yet. That's all.

• It's not because you're nice. It has to be something else.

• Damn it here we go again

• A majority of self-confessed nice guys that I've had the misfortune of meeting haven't been nice at all. Their niceness is a facade. It's a tool designed to attract women and when women see through it those same men have become bitter, hostile and jaded. Then I've had to listen to their putrid bile spill forth as they bemoan why women don't like nice guys.

• Nonsense. I know plenty of nice men with girlfriends. You are maybe going after the wrong girls or maybe your approach is wrong.

• bad bois make them all hot and bothered. When you are nice and gentle, you don't excite them as much. I don't really excite women in that kind of bad boy way so I usually have to dial up certain things about myself

• This topic is really confusing, and the opinions below mine make it even worse... I'm sure a girl wants a guy that cares for her and loves her but sometimes they make it seem like thats not what they want...

• Nice guys have no sense of "reassurance" on them. Bad guys have a sense that they know what they're doing and nothing bad can happen to them, so the girls hang on

• They like nice guys... as long as the look perfect and/or are rich

• Because women don't know any fuckin' better. You have to tame women and tell them what to do like they are animals.