What age is too old for a 13 year old to date?

I just found out through Facebook that my little cousin has a boyfriend. It's cute... but he's almost 19 and she's 13. I don't know what her mom thinks about it but since she heavily monitors her Facebook (for a good reason) she already knows about them dating. I think it's strange, mainly because it's my little cousin.

How old is too old for a 13 year old to date in your eyes? What is the oldest age you would let your 13 yar old daughter date? (whether you have one or not...)

Most Helpful Guy

• 19 is way to old thats almost pediphile age difference. I know 6 years in todays world with cougars and shit it doesn't seem like that much of a difference but any 19 year old that would consider dating a 13 year old has problems. Thats just to young as a maturity level. As for your actual question anyone over 16 would be to old and even 16 seems high. A 13 year old boy or girl aren't mature enough for serious dating. In fact him dating her is illegal and its illegal for a damn good reason. So if you care for your cousin raise your concern with her parents and if they dont seem to mind then check in on the situation yourself. In my opinion he is either mentally slow or he is creepy.

• It's not illegal if there is no sexual activity, but otherwise I agree. He's 19 and should be either in college or working. Should be able to find someone his age.

• Something elsevis your assuming its not sexual but every 19 year old in the world is thinking 90% of the time about sex. Regardless a 19 year couldn't have anything in common with a 13 year old. And its weird as hell him wanting to date one.

What Guys Said 5

• at that age 13 dating an almost 19 year old seems like that guy might be trying to take advantage of her, or he's heard rumors about her being easy. Honestly at that age they should be the same age or year older or young Not 6

• Well, he knows her age is 13 and he is age 19 he's adult , she is child does he realize or even care that
    it's totally illegal, If she was age 16 she be okay

• You're assuming they're in a sexual relationship. If nothing sexual is occuring then it's perfectly legal. Incredibly odd I admit, but legal.

• That age difference would have been ok if she were above 16. Least. But her ire seems he is taking advantage of her. They may continue but the girl needs supervision of an adult and she should be open and tell her mom what they so and everything else. It would be safe then. So all the best! Try to make her understand and educate her properly about relationships.

• "What is the oldest age you would let your 13 yar old daughter date?"
    At 13, no dates. Period.

• I wouldn't let my 13 year old date (if I had one).

But I'll say this, only in the US is it illegal because most girls/guys are immature at that age. In other countries however, they are practically adults by age 15+ and think rationally. All depends on how they were brought up.

Personally I have met girls around my age 20+ that act like little kids and girls around 15 who think like adults so saying everyone is immature at that age is wrong.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think it should go older than like 2 years. I remember being 13 and it was such a hard time. I think during that time you should mainly try to figure out who you are. Guys that are way older are better at manipulation, when your older and have seen their tricks it's way easier to spot. But when your youn and haven't experienced all their bullshit it makes them more vulnerable. Guys can be assholes, so just try to focus on you

• I am actually thirteen and I would say the limit is 16-17 for most girls but it also depends on your cousins maturity level

• WAAAY too old! Is she crazy! 16 is too old in my eyes. I'm just going to leave this opinion here or I'll start ranting.

• I agree... Shoot when I was 13 I was more into baseball and cute little crushes on other 13 year olds.

• Um, no. Not okay, at all. Whats wrong with this world.

• Honestly the only thing that comes to my mind is WHAT DO THEY TALK ABOUT

• So far all I see them talk about (online) are emo sayings and romantic teenager memes. >.<

• Okay first of all no 13 year old should be dating a 19 yeah old. That's messed up. If I had a 13 year old daughter (damn, I'd have been five when i had her xD hahaha) then I'd tell her to date in her age group which would be like 12-14. Around the age of 17 is when the 'age doesn't matter' thing should come into affect.