I've never had a boyfriend?

I'm 17, nearly 18 and never had a boyfriend. I don't know why but is there any advice you would give me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me give you some advice don't rush into falling in love so quickly because you'll just get hurt that's what I learned. I had my first bf at 12 we met in middle school. Looking back I wish I had listened to my dad he was sweet and everything was going smoothly. But over the summer in 2013 he began changing and drinking and stuff and didn't try to slow down or anything. We were together for 5 years and have not talked for 5 months. My dad wanted me to wait because he didn't want me to get hurt. I broke up with my ex on the first week of school in August 2013, didn't talk for 5 months and he came back to me in January 2014. He said he loved me but something told me it was a trap. I wanted to say let me go but I guess I got so happy about seeing him that I forgot how he had treated me. He led me on and chewed me up and spit me out. He treated me like a dog, he didn't know what a relationship was, I always did all the work and he cheated on me, lied to me, etc. He's nice and all but he doesn't know what a relationship is and he doesn't KNOW how to make it work. He broke up with me in March 2014 right out of blue I was confused didn't know what to do, I cried right of him and tugged onto his arm but he was so busy to get back to his friends. My advice is wait till you are ready and have found the right guy don't just settle for anyone like I did just to prove my farther wrong. My ex wanted a baby at 17 yet he doesn't know how a relationship works. Get to know a guy if you really like him because my ex liked me too a lot but we never got to know each other and I think the best relationships start off as friends. Don't rush falling in love so quickly because you'll just hit your head. I really thought he loved me but I see what he is now a "player." He flirts with to many girls, asks them for there number, etc. Don't get hurt like I did because I learned a lot from it. Give it time or what till college to start dating. You don't need a boyfriend to make you happy.

• Thank you and sorry about what happened with you

• I definitely will take your advice and ines 15th nov

• Please do (: Mine aunt's is the same day as yours (: If I could turn back the clock I would but can't so I just keep doing what I'm doing

What Guys Said 6

• Yes please don't worry at your age this will be very upsetting. This is still very young I know that you won't think so but when you are older and have a boyfriend you will look back and understand.. It is also not much help right now. There is nothing wrong with you it is all normal it will happen try not to worry about it.

• The best thing I can tell you is: wait for it. The right person will come along in due time. I had to wait a pretty long time (at 26) to find my girlfriend and it was well worth the wait. Finding a girlfriend isn't hard for me (as I've had random girls ask me out at school or at the mall), but finding the person I want to spend the rest of my life with is.

Tips
    1) Wait. Never rush into a relationship. When you meet someone, be friends for a couple months or more and try to get to know the person a little before going into a more intimate relationship.
    2) Compromise on issues of conflict EXCEPT if its against your beliefs/morals. Never compromise those.
    3) Don't be controlling but also DO NOT be controlled.
    4) Let the other person know your limits and boundaries. Example: If you do not want to have sex before marriage, let them know. If they demand it, then that is most likely all they want and it'd be a good idea to leave. If they care enough about you they will respect the boundaries you have set and will wait for you. These are the people who truly care about you and not just about their own desires.
    5) BE the person you are looking for. People usually find the person that is most like themselves so work on becoming the 'perfect person' that you're searching for and you will find him. Think of the things you want/are looking for in a person and adopt those for yourself. People usually find someone with similar/common interests.

There's more I'd like to say but I'll leave you with this for now. c:

• I never had a GF in HS. Don't sweat it. There are people in their late 20s who have never had a GF/BF.

• same here... i am 19 and still don't have a gf

• My advice: be patient. I've never had a gf before and I will wait until that day :-)

• I can't seem to get a girlfriend

What Girls Said 4

• sure. be patient:) i had my first bf at 17 and honestly it wasn't as mature as i thought it was at the time. having a boyfriend isn't something that should define u as a woman. just wait for a guy who really stands out to u and impresses u. dont go looking for him so hard or else u will become obsessed by the idea of love. jus go with the flow, live your life. enjoy these years:) he'll show up soon enough xx

• I'm the same. I guess if you got to uni or get a job you could meet them

• Have you been asked out?

• Oh, no what will I ever do?
    Your career goals are more important.