Pay your own way? Let the guy pay it all?

It's apparently proper for the guy to pay, but I feel bad making the guy pay for things. I have money and I'm more that capable or paying. Maybe splitting? I don't know. What is your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was raised to be a proper gentleman old school If you will. So I always pay for the dates it's nice when a women offers as it shows character but I still prefer to pay. Though I do, do homemade dates were I do picnics or cook her dinner it's a bit cheaper and fun because you can make dinner together and stuff.

What Guys Said 4

• I have always been somewhat of an "old school" gentleman. I prefer to pay, because I was brought up believing that is proper.

However, I greatly appreciate it when a girl offers to pay or split the check. I still prefer to foot the bill, so unless she insits, I will still pay. It just shows (to me) that she is fair. It shows character.

I want to be clear, that I don't think I'm doing her a favor, or expect anything by paying, though.

• Thank you! (I myself am very 'old fashion' ) I just don't want him to be spending so much money on me. I like to spoil my guy.

• The main point is to be comfortable, Id like to pay, that's the gentleman's rule. But if she tells me she doesn't feel comfortable or doesn't like me to pay, then we can split, or whatever.
    Talk to him, he can't know of you don't talk.

• If I'm enjoying being with her, I insist to pay because spending time with great people is priceless

• i personally think splitting is the only way to go. If a woman asked me out on a date, not that it will ever happen, i wouldn't want her to pay for everything and i would gladly pay for what i got.

What Girls Said 3

• I think the most proper way is to split. Because my boyfriend didn't let me pay for my own part of the meal for five months and it is irritating. I can pay, i have money, he doesn't need to prove anything to me. May be for the first dates it is nice for him to pay but i think girls shouldn't let guys pay it for the whole time because it is rude too.

• ummmm... well for me I like he pays this time I pay next time and once he doesn't let me pay for next time I just say fine no more going out. so he let me pays when it's my turn

• Make the offer to pay or split the bill. If he insisted on paying let him it's how I do it.