I've always liked more mature guys. Help?

I've always liked more mature guys because many of them I've met are more emotionally stable and know themselves more. However, most of them are either taken, unavailable, not interested to date, inappropriate to date, or are in circumstances where I don't get an appropriate chance. :(

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• What exactly do you mean by inappropriate to date?

• Well like I previously liked a guy who's 40 I'm only 22. Now I kinda like a guy who's 34. I m not sure but I wouldn't think that they will find me as an appropriate person to date. :(

• Well, I personally like girls who are mature and have their own self-respect, I am 15 and wouldn't date anyone the same or below my age, I look older girls who aren't willing to throw themselves at every available guy, maybe you should join a few dating websites and see how that plays out

What Guys Said 5

• I'm kind of squicked out by the idea of dating a woman your age. It's just that I have friends who have kids who aren't much younger than you. I rarely see a guy my age with a woman your age, but when I do, I'm shocked when I see what I thought was a father-daughter pair begin kissing.

Sure, I'm physically attracted to women your age. Very much so. But it's unrealistic to me. You didn't grow up experiencing the same culture that I did. You almost certainly don't share my interests. Chances are, you would only be a short-term distraction. I don't want that for either of us.

When I was younger, I had an attraction to mature women. It really was the maturity. When I was your age, women your age were interested primarily in how other women saw them. It was about sex and looking good. Women your age were mostly what I called 'five minute girls,' worthless airheads not worth more than five minutes per night.

The fact that you're interested in mature guys shows that you're probably not one of those airheads. But I'm proof that there are guys your age who are interested in mature women. Consider that there are guys your age whose ideal woman is YOU.

• I don't understand what you mean by "are in circumstances where I don't get an appropriate chance." You mean, he's the Director of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Show and surrounded by runway models, and you don't feel comfortable walking up and talking to him?

Well, I can only give you two very different case studies, and I hope my examples help you in some way.

Case 1: Husband is 46, wife is 38. Wife studied early childhood education, worked as a teacher for 1 year, but after she had 2 kids, stays at home permanently (her children are 12 & 14). Husband is a trial attorney, who works long and unpredictable hours. The wife is constantly stressed out from handling the children, and the husband is already stressed out from work. So, he doesn't want to go home to a negative and sexless environment. So, when he has some "free time," go goes golfing (seriously, he genuinely goes golfing) for hours on end.

Case 2: Husband is 37 and wife is 28. Wife studied interior design, has 2 kids (ages 2 & 4), but hires a baby sitter to take care of the kids. When she's not working out at the gym, she takes on ad hoc design projects. The husband is an anesthesiologist. During their "free time," they are either traveling, having sex, or spending time with their kids.

Case 3: Husband is 29 and wife is 24. Wife is a CPA; husband is a tax attorney and CPA. No children, but they have 2 dogs. When they have "free time," they have sex, go traveling, have sex, spend time with their dogs, have sex, learn new things together (e. g., dancing, SCUBA diving), and have sex.

Case 1 met through family. Case 2 met through work (wife was hired as interior designer). Case 3 met through work (husband was hired as outside tax consultant for a complex tax issue). When "school" is over, the next place people typically meet other people is through "work." I don't know what you mean by "mature," but if you mean 10 years or less of an age difference, then it should be no problem to find someone.

• mature guys suck. maturity kills a person

• Older guys like younger women as long as they act somewhat mature as well. Just keep looking you will find one.

• I know how you feel. I've always been attracted to more mature women. I am not interested in just hooking up for sex, but I want an actual relationship. Just have to wait, eventually he will come along.

• Yes exactly it's not about the physical side. It's that I feel safer and more connected to them. I also like the fact that their more emotionally stable.

• I feel that the physical aspect is just secondary to the primary attraction for the person. So then, it's not the main thing. But when I get attracted to the person for who the person is, only it comes the physical attraction. Haha yea I guess so. :p

• For me, there have been a few that I had instant physical attraction for, but I felt there was more to it. However, I held back any desires for physical touch until I really got to know her, and in doing so my attraction only grew.

What Girls Said 1

• Girl don't worry.. there are guys out there that are looking for a girl like you! Just wait :)