Do first loves always fail?

I'm in love with my boyfriend, I know that for sure. But people keep telling me it's not going to work out because everyone has a first love and they don't last. Is it true that all first loves fail?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well just don't think about this, Just thinking about this can lead it to fail don't let people make you think just because its your first relationship that it'll fail. Just take it as it comes and if doesn't work out that's okay just be thankful for the time you got to be in a relationship with someone that you actually loved. Don't let people destroy your relationship because of what they experienced there are plenty of people who married their first love. Good luck with your Boyfriend :D

What Guys Said 2

• Not all fail, but a lot do because after a while the first-love level love will fade to just regular love. Then you won't be blinded, and see him for what he really is. You'll either still love who he really is or you won't.

• Generally my first 3 failed and I'm used to it so I go into things knowing its likely the one I'm talking now will fail cause in only 20 and most people don't find their spouse in college or HS

What Girls Said 4

• Heh, back when I was dating my first boyfriend, I was so convinced we were in love and would be married some day. I was probably just really excited about being in my first relationship. It lasted about 9 months. The excitement wore off and I realized he was definitely not the guy for me (not to mention he hadn't been treating me all that great).

I think first loves do tend to fail because heck, it's your first experience. That's what dating's all about, you're still learning what you like and don't like, what you want in a partner... and it's okay if your first ever boyfriend or girlfriend isn't the one. Enjoy those moments while they last, learn from the experience, and move on.

• Not true!!! There's all kinds of first love honestly. Just which one is REAL! I love my first love. I was never in love with him. There are so many reasons why they fail. But I do believe that there are lucky people who find love the first or second try. Like my momma

• In today's disposable society, yeah.

• Nope not always the case im still with my first love 7 years later