Why would any physically healthy, financially well off man get married?

Marriage is a death trap for men who are healthy, financially well off and already happy. 50% of all marriages fail. Of the marriages that fail, women initiate divorce 70% to 80% of the time depending what state you live in, and like always society make it seems that its always the male fault for the failure of his marriage. Even worse a lot of these once none married, healthy, happy and financially well of men are now over the age 40, forced to work deep into the middle age years like slaves, destroyed health and peace of mind , and unable to retired due to having to pay child support and alimony to a woman that's not even part of his life anymore.

One more thing. I'm sure a lot of you feminized raised men are going to respond the "you always do", but that doesn't change the fact that marriage, divorce, and family laws favor women only and not both genders and women are the one's initiating divorce 70% to 80% of the time. So go ahead and get married. Just don't complain 5 to 10 years from now when your "lovely wife" send your dumb a$$ to the cleaners in court.

I will never get married.

Most Helpful Guy

• well, some people think they've found "the one." I've got very mixed feelings about marriage myself. I'd have to be 110% sure i found the right girl... and even then i can't be too lax, because people's personalities do change over time, despite conventional wisdom. The curveballs that life can throw at a couple tends to do that, and the laws aren't great if you're a guy getting a divorce honestly. But again, the pros and cons should be weighed. A woman can be a great thing in a mans life

What Girls Said 5

• Okay clearly you have witnessed or experienced a few bad marriages but there's no way in hell that 50% of all marriages fail no possible way it's that high. My dad is physically healthy and well off and he and my mother have been together since they were 19 they're still totally in love to this day and that's why he got married because he found the love of his life. Not all marriages are doomed and if a man and woman are in love no matter what their financial or physical state then why the hell wouldn't they get married? I think you have a lot of bad views on marriage and because of that you can't see the beauty in it. I hope one day you'll meet a girl who'll change your mind:)

• @StrategicThinker, right now you can't see the forest for the trees. You have surrounded yourself with facts and numbers.

There are many men in nursing homes, dying alone. This is because they never invested in family. All investments have risks. You must choose carefully.

You will not always be healthy- this is a fact, not a curse. You will need someone to hold your hand. I hope you find that person. I hope God blesses you to find a woman and raise a family to magnify His generosity to you. Man is not meant to be alone. I wish you love.

• Because he is whipped. Sorry if that sounds bad, but it is just how I feel.

• Great, thanks for letting us know you're not getting married.

• for looooove

What Guys Said 5

• Conditioning and fantasy.

There isn't one benefit for a man to get married in the US. I don't get it either bro. But, hey, let them eat cake. Humans, the ego... Never satisfied. Always thinking something external can make them happy. It just simply isn't true. People get married, it's human nature (for now), then a good portion think reseting the game is what they need, instead of looking to the present to find what they are looking for, they look to a place where they cannot live; the future.

Though few in numbers, there are women out there who would be okay with not getting married. Might be mostly older experienced females though, mid 30s to 50s.

• They get married because they "think" they found the one.

• Because they fell in love, duh... Yeah 50% percent fail but that means 50% also go the distance.

• I couldn't agree more, no man in his right mind would ever contemplate marriage.

• Disregard females, acquire currency?