What do you think of an online relationship that has little to no communication?

If you're with someone and you speak with them a couple times a month, is this normal? Like they tell you they like you and stuff but rarely speak to you (reasons seem legit). I'm not talking about the occasional leave of absence but a constant (been a year and ongoing) type of thing. And s/he expects you to stay with them in like manner for another 2 or more years. Note: you've talked to this person 24/7 when you first met. Would you stay with such a person?

In my opinion if the person liked you, they'd find excuses to talk to you, not give you excuses why they couldn't. Online relationships are all about communication and when there's very little of even that, there's not much holding you to that person. It just falls apart.

Most Helpful Girl

• Online dating is unreliable and people lie who they can be. I personally think it is dangerous and you hear all the time about scams and murders from dating sites. I know I'm being scary.
    In your case you should ask her out then, in the day and somewhere not isolated to get a clearer definition of this girl (if she even is).

• I'm pretty sure she's a girl as I've skyped with her. Asking her out isn't a possibility as she lives about 8 hours away.

• Ok, but if she really wants to know you then make a plan, like in the holidays or something?

What Girls Said 7

• I agree with your opinion.. People make time for things that are important to them.. If it's not important, they make excuses.

You could be spending all of your time & effort on a girl that really appreciates you & puts in an equal amount of effort into you, in real life.

• That's true. But having a shy personality makes this less of a possibility.

• Shyness does make meeting people harder, but it's something you need to work on a little bit each day of you'd like to overcome it. Adjusting your life so you remain in you safe shy bubble will only allow you to remain shy. Just go to the grocery store & start a convo with an elderly person.. They appreciate the attention & they're non threatening.. Then work your way up from there. Little bit of conversation each day, IN PERSON.. not online! =)

• Also, just because you're shy & meeting people is tricky.. You still deserve to be treated like you're a priority in the other person's life & made to feel like you truly matter to them & they need to show genuine interest in you. You deserve much better than you've explained your online relationship to be!

• i feel online relationship is hard to substain, people need affection and personal touch, online relationship doesn't have both. yes you are right if a person really like u she wouldn't come out with excuses why they couldnt communicate. even if the person expect uto stay with them, u have to make the judgement call at the end of the day , it isn't a healthy relationship tbh.

• Its not real in reality except in your mind.

• To have a relationship like that is not worth it. Is a waste of time in my opinion, either they are in or out.. no maybes or excuses.

• Doesn't sound like he/she is really interested. He/she may be hanging on so that they don't lose something they may not get back.

• This sounds very likely actually.

• I have been going threw this. For a year it was constant contact them got less and less. Hard part is as it lessened his messages got more and more loving. so confusing. I can't make any sense of it.

• I'm sorry to hear. In my case, she doesn't want to leave me (makes it pretty obvious) and I like her but at the same time, unsure of what to do as at times, it gets really confusing.

• I think it's sort of risky, I mean, you don't even see each other.

• We have skyped and been on cam as well as sent pictures.

What Guys Said 1

• That's not a relationship. That's just pure bullshit. She's using you for attention.