Is it okay to have a crush on nobody?

I don't like anyone and I haven't for about 9 months now. There were girls in that time who I liked but didn't really know but no-one who I have actually talked to in 9 months I have actually been interested in dating.

Just wondered if this was normal.

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't like anyone my senior year in high school but then when I became a freshman in college I was interested in the datig scene again! Sometimes it just takes a new surrounding it's not wrong to not have a crush on anyone for a while :)

• I changed surrounding last year by going to University (basically a freshman at college) and I liked someone at first but that didn't happen. I haven't met anybody since that I like and I had all these new surroundings. That's what worries me about all of this, new people yet no-one I like.

• It's totally normal! Don't worry about it! It doesn't mean you've suddenly become a sexual haha I have some tips though: I don't know your mindset but you could try focusing on the positive in people, just generally being friendly, and not focusing on physical attractiveness -- just for a while and see where that leave you :)

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think it weird not to. I haven't had a boyfriend my entire life and my last crush was my bestfriend in middle school which was 6yrs ago we stopped talking since i had to move away and haven't crushed on anyone since then. I do find a lot of guy attractive but i just don't get anymore emmotion for them.

• Totally normal... Yeah you could think certain people are attractive but not have a crush with them. It actually happens to me all the time. Since 8th grade til my junior year, I've never really had a crush but I did find guys I was attracted to but never to date or ever had a crush. So yeah it's completely normal. Mine is not so much haha:)

• It's fine. You can't force something like that. And it's not like you need anyone in your life to be happy.

• That is perfectly normal. You don't have to like someone. If you like, you like. You can't turn on or tun off those feelings like that. It comes naturally.

• If you don't find an attraction to any girl it's not weird you just havnt found someone who makes you feel special of attracts you. You just need to find a special girl

• I think that you should take it slow. Go hang out with some guy friends. Maybe the person you try so avoid is the one for you

• It's not that I am avoiding. I would see them across the dining hall at dinner last year (I was in student accommodation) but in 2nd year you have to live in a house so I will probs not get a chance to actually talk to them.

• Well I go through the same thing. So I guess yes unless we share the same crazy.

• It's compltely fine
    you don't have to like anyone ever

• It's totally fine. Just do you & when a girl comes along that you are interested in you'll know.

What Guys Said 3

• Its perfectly ok! I haven't liked or dated anyone for over 4 years now!

• That's perfectly fine. Good things take time.

• lol welcome to my kind of world buddy