How do you get someone you like to want to date you? Or, how do you know if someone is out of your league?

I would really love to have a boyfriend. I'm 21 years old, it's my last year in college, and I've missed out on the whole dating thing. I've had a boyfriend, and a girlfriend, before, but since I hit my 20s I seem to attract nothing. Now I've been asked out twice since I started school, and they were both pretty cool people, but I'm not physically attracted to either of them and I don't want to get with someone and not be excited to hug on them and stuff. I thought about re-asking one of them out but I don't want it to be because of desperation, plus when I first met him he said he'd rather be with white girls because black girls were too hard to deal with and I've been put off ever since. But he's cool and we have art and things in common, but there's still the sexy things and such. I've tried asking guys out but haven't gotten any yeses. I don't know about the out of your league thing but I think I'm kinda cute and they were kind of attractive and they were nice before I asked them out... Anyway, I don't know what to do. There's asking guys out but I think they don't like that as much (they don't when I do it anyway), then there's going out and such but I've tried that once and it's all hook up culture out there and I don't want to do it unless it means something, or should I just try to be more attractive (in this case, how do I be attractive), or I can always just keep waiting which people love to tell me? Also I've tried online and somehow it was worse than just waiting for people in real life.

What Guys Said 1

• There's no such thing as 'out of my league'. Guys should like you as you are and if they don't... they're not worth it. Best advice I can give is be yourself, of course if you don't like certain aspects of yourself, change them. Not sure about re asking anyone. I mean.. if you've been with them before, wouldn't they have stayed? Just live your life, do what you like to do and someone will turn up who will like you for who you are. No point in rushing things. That only leads to tears and divorce. Waiting isn't the most pleasant thing but the reward is well worth it.

What Girls Said 0