When your BF or GF keeps in touch with their exes - acceptable or not?

How would you feel about your current BF or GF keeping in touch with their exes? Aside from the occasional email or text, they also meet up for coffee or dinner from time to time. Acceptable or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not acceptable. The relationship is over, move on! No more contact! Seriously, what good does it do to your life to keep contact with someone like that! I have enough friends and an ex has absolutely nothing to contribute to your current relationship!

What Guys Said 4

• I'm generally okay with it, it depends how often they go on these coffee and dinner gatherings.

• Not acceptable.

• Definitely not acceptable.

• not accepted cus it will surely lead to sex one day haha

What Girls Said 3

• I would generally be okay with it. My most recent boyfriend would hang out with his ex from time to time, and she even named him godfather of her child. He didn't hide it or lie about what they were doing, so I trusted him completely.

I'm still friends with most of my exes, and I don't mind casually hanging out from time to time because I know it's nothing more than friends catching up.

• I still talked with my ex while he still had a girlfriend- it was PURELY platonic. As in no interest on either of our end. His girlfriend was pissed and told him to stop talking to me. In hindsight I get it, but if the relationship ended for a reason. As long as there's no sneaking around or spending incessant amounts of time together, it's seriously fine

• Why would it be wrong? Life goes on and you guys are together, you cannot tell him who to see and not to see. If they are friends then thats great !! A lot better than exes who hate on each other !.

I feel a bit of jealousy and claiming in your question. That ain't good! I hope you go and do what you want and choose your own friends.. just like hopefully he is allowed to do!!

• Actually, it's me who is contact with my exes, not my BF - lol. He is having a problem with it.