How to ask him to meet up for a second date?

I've been dating this guy for almost three months now. We met through an online dating service and have met up only once due to distance but we only live 2 hours away. We have skyped a few times if that counts. Anyways, last week I confronted him about the long distance and he said it was a factor for why things are not moving along in our relationship. I really like him and my heart has been broken since we had this talk. I gave him his space last week and decided to contact him over the weekend. He still is talking to me and telling me about his daily life so I figured that is a good sign.

I will be near his location this weekend and wanted to ask him for a date but don't know how to go about doing it. I don't want to seem desperate but I want a last try at things before we both decide to go separate ways.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just casually tell him you will be in the area and ask him if he would like meet up for dinner or something! Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• You just tell him beforehand you'll be in the area for whatever reason for how long let you know if he wants to grab lunch/coffee or something.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe when you talk about your daily lives or what not, ask what he is doing this weekend, and then you can bring up that you will be near him this weekend if he wants to try and meet up. See what he says. If he acts standoffish or not sure, let it go. He'll make it happen if he wants it to.