Reasons to move to the southern portion of the United States?

I need good reasons to move to the southern portion of the United States.

Tell me which state and why.

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends what kind of thing you like and what type of person you are... im from the south and i love it...

• Why do you love it?

• Hold up. I would do no such thing at this point. It's just something we fight about a lot, and I'd really like it to end one way or the other. We both wouldn't make such a nice until after we finished college. We have no plans to elope. I'll hold my tounge on the puppy love because I'll just tell myself you were using that term to emphasizes the ridiculousness of such an action, and you don't know us. We're both honor students we're not throwing such a good start away.

• lol calm down just giving advise you like to overreact

What Girls Said 8

• What do you need them for?

If you like hot weather that's it. They're some beautiful places. Parks, just the woods, coastline, lakes. It's on average more rural than the north, especially the coasts. You can grow a lot more food locally. Low cost living, in general. We're big on football and country music

• 1) Nice weather
    2) Relatively low cost of living
    3) People (for the most part) are very friendly
    4) The food is amazing, home cooked southern food just can't be beat:)

• Nice weather? Doesn't it get 90 degrees plus in the summer?

• OK. Thank you :)

• No problem :)

• There are none do not freaking move here. I hate Georgia -.-

• Can you tell me why you hate it?

• People are severely closed mind here. I've experienced so much racism... For me to claim racism is rare, it never happens to my face. Black, white, asian... It doesn't matter they all do it D: It's like what the fuck. Customer service is does not exist. Their driving here is reckless if you look up the traffic fatality for 2013-2014 it's sky high. If you do not have a car, you are very limited. Public transportation is bad. You have to drive everywhere, because things are so far spread. Obesity is really bad here as well. I miss California :l

• Thank you :) Hope you make it out soon

• I haven't been to many southern states, but when I visit Texas, I really liked Austin, TX. People there were so friendly and the food was really good! And beautiful weather. :)

• Can you describe the weather with more detail?

• When I went, it was summer time, and it was hot, but not humid. I love warmer weather though. :)

• OK. Thank you. :)

• Louisiana
    GUMBO!

• Alabama !!! Because everything's better down south !

• It depends up to you, may be you are not getting your things there in southern states but I love that side beaches, I do not understand why you are moving from there. I have checked http://trantr.com/st/fl/ which is also Southern state and I think it is worth to live there.

• Hmmm... I hear Memphis is real nice and then you can drive to New Orleans or even Disney.

What Guys Said 3

• Louisiana:
    1) Some of the happiest cities in the nation
    2) The food is superb, without having to pay $150+ per entree.
    3) Property and taxes are relatively low.
    4) There aren't terribly cold winters (although the summer is humid beyond belief).
    5) People are generally laid-back, easy-going friends.

• Beer, football, country music, Trucks, Mudding?

Needisaymore.

• Yes because they have all of that in the north.

• That's upstate New York.

• Wth. Y'll do that down in NY too? Well then only reason you should move is Country chicks and weather.

• It is warmer in the south. Other than that it depends on too many other factors for us to be able to make a valid argument. Such as your local economy, the economy you are moving to, the standards of living in both areas. The list of reasons could go on depending on many factors we simply don't know about in your situation.

• Just looking for your opionion on why I should move south. I don't need it to be specific to my situation.