Has dating become an issue of money?

why do girls these days want the guys with the money? and why do guys look for a good looking girl without any good morals at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys look for good looking girls because guys find good looking girls attractive. If the guy is looking to have sex and move on, he'd like a girl 'without good morals'. Most guys prefer a less promiscuous girl for a long term relationship.

As for girls, they are attracted to powerful men. When you're 16, that tends to mean whatever gives status in high school - quarterback, bad boy with tough reputation, etc. By mid 20's, a man's income is a high driver of his status in the world.

Some girls are true gold diggers - they will date or marry a guy who they don't find attractive for his money. But a larger proportion of women find successful/powerful men attractive. They'll describe it in terms of 'he has ambition, he's hard working, he has goals, he's mature'.

What Girls Said 9

• Surface relationships have always been a thing. I don't care who I go out with if they treat me right and they have their act together. I'm not talking about making money, I'm talking about trying to take care of and better yourself. I want a respectable guy whose a gentleman and that is determined by his actions and not his bank account.

• No, dating is about sex only I've noticed.
    Besides women have always cared about money. That isn't something modern.

• a woman has been a problem from the days the world began, but sure and certain i am that there's a few good ones out there.

• Zambia?
      Go figure.

• For people who make it all about money, yes.

• dude this has existed since a long time

• and i suppose you're equally in search of money and not love with happiness yeah?

• nope i'm not part of those girl because i'm not a materialistic girl and i'm not from a rich country

• alright then, im glad... stay the same... dont change for anything...

• It is not a new phenomenon, it was here for ages. Women want financial stability, high status men, while men desire youthful and attractive women.

• financial stability = gold digger
      high status = attention seeker

looking for youthful and attractive = immature and has not accepted that we were made to all grow old.

• ill agree with that and ill see where life takes me, I've become very reluctant on relationships but i knpw im worth alot.

• I totally agree with you and I´m sure you´ll find a girl who will love you so much that she will see a diamond in you.

• Seems like it to me. Not just for woman but for men to.

• It's less about finances now than it's ever been.

• Are you poor? If you're making a decent living and dating someone making a decently living, this shouldn't be a problem at all

• im not poor at all but im not willing to show how much im worth either because im afraid girls will be after all the money i have instead of being after me as a person...

• lol i was dating a jerk with no job and car.. and he didn't even give 2 shits and went away after other chicks.. yeah so i think i need to raise my standards lol and the answer to your second question only you can answer that ! lol

• immature boys simply leave them and look for someone with determination and is ready to work hard, dont go off looking for easy tasks because its available you just want it... in order to up your standards you need to find someone to aquire success with together.

What Guys Said 9

• You seem to be conflating good looks with immoral behavior. While immoral women do tend to pay more attention to their looks than moral women, one does not require the other. There are plenty of ugly immoral women, and plenty of beautiful morally upright women. Also, morality is an opinion.

And not all girls want only guys with money. I know plenty who actively refuse guys with money, because they think they're not nice men. While this isn't always true, money does have an effect on people, and there are more rich assholes than there are rich nice guys.

A date doesn't need to cost anything. A date is literally a DAY with a number attached, aka a calendar date, that you hang out together on. What you do on that day, is entirely up to you. Attend a free concert, hang out in the park and watch children play, take her home and cook for her, etc.

If you feel the need to appear rich to get a girl, and you're not rich, you're lying to her.

• im wealthy but im reluctant on looking for love because of how materialistic most women are these days.

• If you discover that your date is materialistic, just don't ask her out a second time. Don't go into each date thinking that she's the one. You're trying to find that out on the date.

Do you have any sisters, or any less-than-rich friends? Ask them if they know any single non-materialistic girls, even if they're known to be not looking for a man. Maybe they have the same concern regarding men.

Consider volunteering with a charity organization. You meet all sorts of people that way. A compassionate woman who actively aids charity isn't as likely to be materialistic. I would avoid getting involved with anyone you assist through the organization, but coworkers in that organization are.

• Dating has always been an issue of money.

I will purposely choose dates which aren't expensive to test just how much a date cares about money, also a woman has to understand that she needs to earn the right to have me spend my hard earned money on her.

Women too often think they have a divine right to a man's wallet much in the same way men seem to think they have a divine right to access a woman's vagina because they've been 'nice'. Nooo, nooo, nooo. Such attitudes are heinous and should under no circumstances be tolerated.

• this doesn't sound like real life at all, in my experience at least:P

• Dating is not about money. I am pretty much broke. A college student who lives at home without a curent job. My girlfiredon the other hand has a job, comes form a decently wealthy family and is not broke. We have been dating eachother for a while and are still happy with it. We do our best to go on cheap dates, as wellas make up our own ideas for fun/free/cheap dates. Dating is not based on money. it's based on how much you care and how much effort you can put in. These people who talk about moeny and power are heartless. They look at the psychology of it instead of the idea that loves is something else. Love can be cause by inner psycholgy and sociological influences but it is not onwed by them. Money and pwer means nothing wqhen it comes to dating someone you actually want to be with.

• The world is becoming more and more divided based on class and income. A mass of poor people and a few super incredibly rich.
    83 people control now more wealth than 3,5 billion people on the planet.

As a result women adapt to survive and look for a guy with money.
    And guys profit by looking for the hottest.

But not all.
    A woman's look and a man's status come into conflict in a market system. The better the woman looks the more she can "demand" for her person.
    And the higher status and money a man has the more he can demand in terms of beauty.

• correct... but it doesn't have to be that way tho...

• its not worth arguing about... Good luck with your journey of life...

• Thank you.

• Money isn't a issue, finding a girl is the big issue here.

• i know thats what i mean... i have the money but the girls seem to jump to dudes who show their money im very successful but i dont flash money out because im mature, responsible and i want someone to be after me, not my possessions.

• I'm in the same boat as you buddy, except maybe not as successful as you only moderately.

• you can be as successful as me or even more if you just chose to wise up, work harder and use the money when necessary, use the money for your NEEDS and not on your WANTS

• I'm pretty sure the phenomenon you are talking about isn't a resent thing.

• Lack of standards by both genders.

• Where have you been