I'm not quite sure how to move forward with this situation or what I should do?

First and foremost he made himself very clear by stating that he was not ready to start anything new because he is still in love with the mother of his children. I never wanted to start anything immediately, I wanted to build upon a foundation of mutual trust and respect. He was in a bad situation without the use of a phone that he really needed to keep in contact with his children, so I added him to my phone plan.

Yes I got a thank you for that, and not long after the fact I spent a couple of hours with him alone- we drank together and spilled our guts out to one another about previous relationships, life, and so forth. After that he has not so much as sent me one text to tell me how he is or ask how I am and I'm not about to make contact. We had a good time that night, and I want to be his friend hoping it will go somewhere but without expectation.

I'm not really making an effort to show him how much I want to be there, I don't want to seem needy, but I do want to be there and I told him that night, if he ever needed anything. Right now I'm just mingling, hanging out with friends, working and going out on dates. He is on my mind though all of the time and it is secretly killing me :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not contact him even if you miss him he misses his ex he will do anything for his kids even thow ur a genuine kind person i think texting him may ruin him fixing things out with the mother of his child or make things complicated for him and his situation let him reach out to you continue dating and meeting other people if he hasn't contacted you in a while he is probably fixing things with the mother of his child to keep the peace and because he's misses her and even if u want to just be friends with him a friend would let the other friend be happy weather its with you or not in his situation its good he's mending his relationship with his family

What Guys Said 1

• I feel he might be in a bad place right now. Sometimes when a man gets depressed, he shuts out the world. He not trying to hurt you or cause you any grief, he just needs some time and space to get through whatever demons he is battling. My advise is tell him one more time that you care and you will be there ANY time he needs you. THEN, tell him your going to give him the space he needs and you won't bother him again until he calls or texts you. He will appreciate the space and sooner or later, you will get your friend back. Hope this helps you understand.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe like he says he's not ready.. i think u need to understand he's going through a lot right now.. he's thankful n all but a gf at the moment isn't going to work