When guys say your "cute" what does that really mean?

Does that mean you're average looking. I know my guy friends say a girl is "hot" but only say that about girls they would want to hook up with. So what's the difference between hot and cute. If there is any difference.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cute is just a particular type of attraction. Cute, pretty, hot... they are just ways of categorizing an attractive girl. Cute generally refers to a younger look, rounder face, perky, fun. Pretty would generally have a thinner face, more pronounced cheekbones, probably less 'round' in general, though pretty could still have some curves. Hot is generally reserved for someone that looks like they could be on a magazine cover. It is a very particular look.

All are attractive though, and all are dateable.

What Guys Said 8

• That really depends on context, the tone of voice it's said in, and who it is said to.

• The way I use it:

Cute -> a girl that I find attractive to date.
    Hot -> a girl that I find to be a good one night stand, but not more.

• cute = pretty
    Hot = sexy

a man who uses sexy or a girl who uses that normally i find quite perverse and they have a very sexual mind which is not a good thing, because the see you as an object that can be used for their satisfaction...

but cute simply means you're pretty ie you have a really good looking face.

• Cute is girlfriend potential and hot is fuck on sight. Not one is better than the other just different.

• Cute is like pretty. Cute is attractive.

• Maybe you are really cute for him. Some guys do lie but not all.

• You are more then cute thats for sure

• well if i tell a girl yeah your super hot then i want to fuck her and nothing else, but when i think of a girl as cute i see more than just looks like she's worth my time and would end up liking her or already do.

• Yeah that's what my guy friends say. They see the cute girl as a possible relationship. & they see the hot girl to bang. I know that's not always the case. But thanks for your answer.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe the word "cute" is typically used to describe a girl who is attractive in an innocent way.

• Not a guy, but I think it depends on context! Sometimes guys say it to be polite sometimes they just mean it straight up. I think a lot of the times for me I noticed when guys say I'm cute they think I'm dateable and are thinking holidinh hands and cuddling cuz cute can include personality... when they say im hot it means f'able so they're more after sex.