Can really independent people find a partner?

I'm super independent and love calling my own shots, having time to myself, etc. does this mean I'm not dating material? I've been told that, especially as a woman, not wanting to be told what to do is unattractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, why wouldn't they be able to?

• I'm not sure, but more than one person has told me I'm too independent for a relationship.

• I don't care what they do. But it seems like most people I've dated care a lot about what I do. Which seems weird to me.

• You can be happy with someone and not be dependent on them.

What Guys Said 2

• Wow, I would definitely date you!

I am also independant and hates to get told what to do. I am career oriented and my part-time business is what passions me the most...

Trust me, if you find a guy like me someday, you will be happy FOREVER!

Don't try to change yourself to please others. Does it matter if you're independant? Maybe. Should you change to get stupid men? No, not at ALL.

Good luck girl !

• I hope so. My last bf told me I'd end up alone forever because I didn't do what guys said. :S

• Your last BF is a douche! That's why...

INDEPENDANT WOMEN ROCKS! :D

• Find one, sure. Keep one, duh, of course not. Your partner will challenge you to be a better person. To some extent, you'll need to rely on a partner.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes but you may have to settle. Besides women that are independent (money wise) are willing to shop in the younger male department. Not sure if that's settling to you or not.

• Hmmm... I don't believe guys want an older woman (aside from a year or two) than for flings. Otherwise I'd be ok with 5 years or so. But guys tend to be less flexible, so it's either do it their way or don't do it at all. Haha.

• Yes they can :)

• I sure hoe we can?