Why is my bf telling me its my choice to end the relationship or keep it going?

I really don't get why he says its my decision if I wanna still be with him or not. we have been together for almost 2 years. plus I am a junior in high school and and he's a soon to be freshman in college... help me please

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he probably feels a bit strange about dating someone still in high school and is being overly cautious about how he treats the relationship. The important thing is to not feel any pressure about whether you want to continue and make a decision in your head. If it's a no, break it off.

If it's a yes there's is two main options I think you should consider.
    1 - You should go talk to him and tell him that you're willing to proceed but need to know what you mean to him. Ask him whether he wants to continue with the relationship.
    2 - Be more secretive and don't tell him how you feel, but be direct and ask him whether he wants to proceed. Then go ahead and tell him that you do too.

I would suggest probably the first option as I think he is probably stressed and a little uncomfortable, and doesn't want you to feel any pressure, the first option gets everything out in the open and he knows how you feel. This is all depending on his personality, but it's important to make him feel more comfortable, and let him know that you can make decisions on your own, but need to know how he feels.

What Guys Said 6

• I understand that girls expect guys to chase them. And that's true.

my perspective: he wants you to chose what you want. You chose what ice cream to get at dairy queen. So make a choice: do you want him or not?

now, does he want you to say yes? Of course. He didn't say he wants to end it.

but he wants you to say yes because he is what you want. He wants you to say no because he is something you don't want.

take some time to think. Make a choice.

• Because he doesn't care about you, or the relationship.

• He's just going along with what you want. I kind of do the same thing to let girls know they aren't obligated to stay with me if they don't want to. Ironically I have had more luck with that approach than I did when I was younger and all needy/clingy/over-attached.

• He's feeling like he has no power in the relationship. Or he's giving you all the power and wants to see what you're going to do with it. Oor, he's becoming complacent and wants some excitement. I could be wrong. Good luck

• If he really valued the relationship he wouldn't leave it open for you to end whenever you want.

• He's basically saying, he's happy with the status quo. If anyone is going to break you guys up, it's going to be you. So it's your choice, whether you stay together or not. Because he's not going away.

What Girls Said 0