GUYS: Would you introduce a girl as your "girlfriend" if you weren't really interested in her?

met this guy a while ago through a mutual friend; he's a great guy, super nice and kind. i can tell he makes an effort and is really caring towards me, he is really protective of me. when we're together we act like a couple, he's 28 and i'm 21. so he's really mature too.

Saturday night i got invited to this house party, and he introduced me as "his girl" when his friends asked if i was ____'s girl he's like "yeah, that's my girl." and the rest of the night they called me his girlfriend, he went along with it gladly. according to his friends, i'm the first girl he's ever brought over to meet his friends so they were telling me it's a big deal. all night we chatted with his friends while cuddling, and while driving with his friends in the back, i thought just maybe he might not want to hold hands 'cause his boys were there til he grabbed my hand and kissed it, which surprised me.

we have slept together, but sex is just sex. i don't see sex as a milestone or a huge step to commitment, it's just something mutual that we both wanted, and we trust each other enough with it.

but here's the thing, he knows i just got out of a really bad relationship, and he tells me he's not ready to be in a relationship, which is how i feel too. he says he wants to see where things go which is how i feel. so far as i know we were on the same page.

but if we aren't officially dating, then why did i get introduced as his girlfriend? or is he playing some kind of game with me where he can just string me along? isn't it a big deal for a guy to introduce a girl to his boys? esp. with the way he did, how i'm "his girl"

Most Helpful Girl

• He really likes you, wants you and he wants you fast.
    Guys either know they want you as their girlfriend, or not. All the other crap they say is just sugarcoating their real intention. If they don't like you that much, they can fake whole relationships and if they do like you, they can fake being casual. But their feelings always come out when push comes to shove.

When he says "he's not ready for a relationship", he's full of shit.
    He is making sure everyone knows you're his. Marking his territory in a sense.

He may play stupid and agree to wait, but that's just a show he has to put on because you're hurting and insecure at this moment. All he really has on his mind is making you his girlfriend as soon as you'll have him.

If you really need to wait for whatever reason, you have to pace it yourself, because he won't, no matter what he says.

What Guys Said 1

• he said your "his girl" not "his girlfriend" different things
    my girl is like a lesser version of girlfriend

What Girls Said 1

• Just take things slow with this guy, don't jump to any conclusions. I don't have an answer for you because I can't read his mind. But I think there's some interest there on his part but don't rush into anything esp since you just got out of a relationship