Wasn't sure how I felt about him. Kissed him. Definitely a no. Is this okay as an explanation?

We went out on our fourth date today. He kissed me when he drove me home. Instantly I felt nauseous. I wanted to rinse my mouth out a billion times with toothpaste. I suddenly understood what people mean when they say that kissing someone was like kissing their sibling. I'd been unsure of my feelings towards him before this, but now they're abundantly clear.
I feel really bad because he's a great guy, we have a lot in common, and he's really fun to talk to, but I just don't feel anything romantic for him. Even the thought of him interested in other girls doesn't bother me.
So I was gonna send him the following text:
"Hey, so I've given it some thought, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not really feeling a romantic connection with you. I think you're a lot of fun, and I like hanging out with you, and I would like to be friends, but only if you're okay with that."
Does that sound okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's fine; it sucks for him, but it's the best way to say you are no longer interested.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Who knows, maybe he feels the same way? I think it's okay.

• Honesty is the best policy. Save him the thought space of wondering if you're interested