Is it a good decision to wait till college to start dating?

Waiting till college to start dating I'm in my junior year of high school right now, do you think I'm making a smart decision?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, very very smart decision... even waiting till after or you are almost done. That's what I did... and I'm so happy I waited... dating can be a huge distraction... and those relationships in high school and early college don't tend to last. I found my guy on the first try... didn't have to kiss any frogs or suffer any baggage.

• I met mine in middle school will my first love in middle school and we just connected but I think the biggest mistake was we never got to know each other and share common interests. Now were in high school together but I don't say anything to him I thought he and I would last throughout high school but he has changed a lot. I'm really thinking though about waiting till college, just a lot of the boys at my high school just don't' seem right for me. I know I deserve better cause I was treated like a dog in my last relationship. So maybe waiting till college is a good decision I will make. It didn't honestly I shouldn't have went back to him but I wast stupid and I did and realized later that he was a player and he did nothing but led me on and just left me for nothing, and drinks too. For now in high school I just want a guy friend nothing special I hate getting attached to people I can't have.

• That sounds like a good plan... you don't deserve to be treated like a dog! People do change and develop a lot... as you will too... so what you want now may change a lot when you are done with college. My advice... focus on your studies and get your career together first.

• I just want to get out of high school and go to college and meet someone that's right for me in college. I took a break from relationships cause it took me a while to figure out what I deserve. I am focusing on my schoolwork I should try graduating earlier maybe I will if it isn't to late. And looks can be deceiving too but I'm not going to get into all that I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. I'm still the same young woman I was since I was little I never did anything that I ever regretted like most girls my age. I got my career all straightened out and already know what I want to study I just need to get out of my high school because those kids drive me so crazy that my head is almost ready to fall off

What Guys Said 4

• Don't.
    I spent 6 years in a boy's school with the only female contact being with 50 year old teachers and people who share 99.9% of my genes.

I seriously don't even know what love is or if I'm capable of falling in love lol

• if you don't have a go during your teenage years picking it up during adulthood is gonna be tooough when you have all these responsibilities and rationality in your head

• Yes, more mature.

• I think its fine.

• Thank you hopefully I'm on the right track a lot of guys in my high school aren't right for me and I feel old I don't know why but sometimes I just do. My ex was immature and treated me a like a dog so I've decided to just focus on my studies and put dating on hold till college.

• That is good!

• My cousin didn't meet his wife of three years until he was a couple years out of college

What Girls Said 5

• Yes a very smart decision. Teenagers aren't smart enough to date in high school so that's not only smart, it's wise. You should be dating once you're ready to have sex and for that you need to mature into an adult who can deal with all the possible consequences of sex. From the emotional ones, social ones, all the way up to diseases and pregnancies.

• Not really, you'll have lots of options in college but you'llbe hhella lost if you don't know how to handle attention or what you're doing

• I've decided to wait till college cause don't feel like dating in HS I dated my sophomore year and it wasn't so pretty so that's why I've decided to wait plus I've been hurt but I've healed

• Just wanted your opinion that's all

• Oh I see... I waited and now I wish I didn't because I probably wouldn't be so awkward around guys I want to date.
      I thought dating was a distraction to focusing in school too but it's not if you manage your time well.

My friends that dated in high school have no problems talking to guys now because they know how to handle themselves. Although they didn't get good grades I don't think it was because of dating since they didn't go out with their boyfriends every night

• Maybe if you're looking for a relationship. But wouldn't you want some experience?

• I had my first experience with my ex we were together for 5 years and not anymore, to many boys at my school are immature and don't know what a relationship is and don't know what they want in a relationship. As for me I know what I want and I made a mistake in my first relationship. I would want someone with experience but I haven't found the right guy in my life I thought he was the right one but changed of course. So that's why I want to wait till college to start dating and just get to know people because that's the mistake I made in my last relationship.

• It's better to wait then rush into anything and make the wrong choice

• Both college dating and high school dating can be short term especially if a high school couple goes to separate colleges and some people who go to college plan to go to their home town after college, it's sad but it happens

• I just want opinions that's all I'm trying to focus on my studies my last relationship my ex led me on and then left me he was my first love actually but I've decided to focus on my schoolwork. I guess you have to get to know people but I don't do so well with interacting with guys it never was a strength of mine. I want to meet someone that deserves me, my last love cheated on me, lied to me, chewed me up and spit me out, and was a player and he got arrested for drinking at school. I don't want to run into someone like him again. I just want opinions that's all I feel like guys at my HS aren't right for me and I feel old even though I'm 17

• Well make sure you find a college that suits you and the lifestyle you want and you won't be alone forever

• I'll make sure of that but I'm not dating anymore players that's for sure, I'm not trying to be alone forever I said I want to wait till college to start dating because high school at my school don't know what the heck a relationship is neither did my ex. And I've been hurt and used and cheated on etc, that's why I've decided to wait. But I don't want to end up dating some player and then next thing you know he just leave me for someone else, I don't want that. But I'll make sure I get to know him before I jump because that's what messed me up in my last relationship.