If your boyfriend invite you to go climb Mount Everest with him. Would you go?

As the title say.
If your boyfriend invites you to climb Mount Everest with him as an anniversary trip. Would you go?
Mind you , its like $50,000 per head.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I admit, being an avid walker and with loving to hike to boot, it would be quite tempting to say the least, and on Top of that----Most exciting as all hell. But I would really have to contemplate it Carefully...
    However, I can see why it would be so Expensive. It's a Great risk, dangerous as a Devil, for over the years, I have seen a few true to life movies on Climbing Everest, and it had me in shock, on the edge of my seat, and wondering just then: Could I ever have the nerve to go up there myself?
    I am not really one for the cold and the snow, and I know it gets pretty cold up there. And of course if anything would happen, for nothing is for sure But death and taxes, I might never come off that mountain to tell my story.
    No, I most likely wouldn't chance it, although I am one of these girls who is brave in her own right, spontaneous as well. But being a 'boyfriend' would have thought enough of me to pay for such an extravagant 'Trip,' I probably would have to tell him to save his money, go without me, and Pray he would come down from that mountain to make--------Next year's anniversary. xx

What Girls Said 18

• I don't have 50K to drop on a trip but if I did I totally would. My boyfriend would never ask to do that though. My dad's the major mountain climber. My boyfriend likes mountains but has never climbed one in his life. I seriously doubt his first mountain to climb would be Everest lol.

• well his dad is a mountain goat , so he can't be that far off eh?
      Also , ahhh , what if its all expenses on him tho?

• It can be a double family bonding experience haha.

• Conspiring against a bro by fostering father relationships.
      I think I just broke a bro code lol

• HELL YES! That is the ultimate experience of a lifetime! I love hiking and mountains and being in nature, never done any *real* climbing before though. It's too flat here, and I can't afford to travel :(

• Yes, if I had the money. Why is it so much?

• Because the license to climb starts at $10,000+
      Then you have the equipment and the guides and the insurance and the lodging fees and the acclimatization time you'll need to spend at the base camp.

It's VERY expensive , but next to going to the moon , its one of the most prestigious place ever ventured to by mankind.

• My boyfriend and I are going rock climbing this weekend... and so it begins lol

• And so it does :D

• i would like to go -see- that region with him, i wouldn't actually want to climb the mountain. 1. i wouldn't be able to. 2. i don't want to die.

• But it's a lot safer now tho.
      Back at 90 , its 18% success rate. Now its 56% and the queue is getting longer by the day.
      Yes , there is a 4 hour QUEUE on mount everest , its like Disneyland now.

• No cause I'll die climbing that damn thing

• If I had the money yes.. It would be once in a lifetime experiences... It would be totally amazing.. He would want to share the experience with me how rewarding is that.

• hell no im not risking life for money or my boyfriend. You only get one chance dont waste in on something retarted. Dont matter if it was 100,000,000 im not stupid

• ... and yet you can't spell retarded. So, what grand achievement do you plan to accomplish within your life?

• if ur gonna judge me at least back it up u dont know me. Dont judge a book by its cover. Just because i make a type error dosent predict i won't be sucesfull in life. Your r not psychic and u can't tell the future.

• I never said you were "dumb", nor did I specify any sort of judgement. You assume that I presume to know you or the future. I do not, therefore I cannot "back-up" anything. I merely pointed out that climbing to the top of Everest isn't "retarded" or a waste. That is your opinion. It's an amazing achievement that very few have earned. And the guy isn't paying you to go, he's paying the 50k that the guides and trainers charge before you're allowed to attempt the climb. I merely asked you a question. To define a grand achievement in your own words. And in my opinion, you have chosen a good path. But to be blunt, spelling and grammar DO matter in medical school, so you'd better start working on that sooner than later. Employers and Professors will assume that if you cannot spell, you cannot read at a college level.

• i wouldn't, only because i'm in no condition to hike the tallest mountain in the world.

• Hellz yeah. It's challenging, original and super cool. I would totally wanna do it some day ^^

• Adventures rock:)

• Most likely. Countless people never make it back down.

• well that's true but it takes the best of us to be above the rest of us I suppose.

• A smaller mountain, yes. Always wanted to do it

• I'm way too unfit for that. I'd rather put thay 50k towards a years travels anyway.

• Only if he's paying for me.

• that's a given ain't it lol?
      You gotta be related to Hitler to take a gal 15000km away from home and have her pay for herself

• Haha ik. If I had the money id spent it on more important things first like college!

• well that's true.

• Yes if I have the money I will love to go with him.

• Only if we were rich

• Yes of course. Well only if I had the money you know..

• I think that would be a good adventure and different but I might pass out because of the altitude

What Guys Said 8

• Hell's yeah! I'd start getting in shape so I could handle the higher elevations and the forces that'd be against that would insane

• There are lots of other really nice vaca ideas other than risking your life. Sound like a stupid waste of money to me.

• If I had a girlfriend Id rather just go skiing, it's cheaper, more fun, and best of all not nearly as life threatening.

• there's a reason a number of people die on Everest each year - its not easy. The climb up is dangerous and the descent is just as if not more dangerous. It requires a lot of training and conditioning. Money and gear - if a girl wanted me to do it I would probably say no.

• Uh, that's pretty dangerous and requires some extensive elevation conditioning and training. Even still there's a high chance of mortality. A lot of climbers make it to the top and never make it down. It probably won't be as romantic as you might think. It's definitely not something you want to tackle out on a whim, especially if you're not extremely experienced.

Now if you two are veteran climbers or something, then by all means go for it. Hope you prepare correctly.

• he must be crazy if he did such a thing... and as well as the girl would be crazy to follow him

• First of all most of you wouldn't make it and end up dead before you even reach 2/3 of the way because you need an oxygen tank with you as you go higher.

Secondly once you reach there, the place is full of trash left by idiots who were before so it's nothing special.

• have you done it before?

• so $50,000 down the drain just like that.

• You could TRY but make sure you go with an EXPERIENCED CLIMBER with you.
      Otherwise , your life is more important than the money i say.

• most definitely